Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do I clear my 3 phone model KX-TGD223. I have a message…

Customer Question
How do I clear...

How do I clear my 3 phone model KX-TGD223. I have a message that reads "line in use"

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGD223? What have you tried so far?

2 days. just about everything from the book.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes' the line to the house is OK. it seems to be in the intercom system.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/24/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to disconnect the PHONE CORD from the MAIN BASE - and leave it disconnected - then CHECK the display of any cordless handset and let me know EXACTLY what appears on the display.
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (I see you mentioned an "intercom system") attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Disconected line from main base. Still line in use onall 3 phones
FRONTIER is my provider.
Another landline phone in system working.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Just for MY clarification: Was the phone cord from the main base LEFT DISCONNECTED - when the cordless handset display(s) where checked - and still have "line in use" displayed?

If so, we may want to try to RESET the entire Panasonic system, and I will send that procedure once I see your response.

Thanks

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 months ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)