Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have a Panasonic set KX-TG385SK. Its several years old. I…

We have a Panasonic...

We have a Panasonic set KX-TG385SK. Its several years old. I need to know if we can extend the rings to eight, in order to get to one of our phones. Both my husband and myself, have health issues.. Thaks

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your KX-TG385SK?

Since 2013.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Nothing, I could not find directions in the qick guide.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No and thanks.

3/23/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you tell me approximately how many rings are heard NOW - before the Answering system picks up calls?
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
We hear only 4 rings. Frontier.

OK - IF the answering system of the Panasonic system is taking the calls after four rings, I have the procedure for how to change the "ring count" below.

I also just saw your phone call request. If this procedure does NOT work, let me know and I will try to call and walk you through the steps.

To set the number of rings, using the DIRECT COMMAND programming method:

0) Pick up any handset - while the system is not in use (not on a call).
1) Press MENU, then # 2 1 1 (pound-two-one-one)
2) Use the UP or DOWN arrows (top and bottom of the round center key) to highlight the number of rings you want.
3) Press the SAVE soft key (button directly BELOW the word "SAVE" on the display)
4) Press the OFF button - to exit programming.

Below is a link to a video that shows this method. Please take a look and then try these steps on your system.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV702EQAoec

Please give this a try and let me know if you can successfully change the number or rings.
NOTE: I recommend having someone place a TEST CALL to the Panasonic phone number, to VERIFY that the call is picked up after the number of rings set.
IF the verification does NOT work, just let me know - as we have a couple more things to try.

I hope this helps. If the change CAN be made successfully and VERIFIED through the TEST CALL, please take a moment to rate MY service (5-star is my goal).

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
what key do IUSE for Menu/

The MENU button SHOULD be the "dash" button - below the word MENU of the display.

I believe that is the RIGHT SIDE button - just below the display.

Here is a link to a video that more closely matches the handsets you have.

Click here for video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsNFrBNQVPU

By the way, I believe the HIGHEST number of rings that can be selected for MOST Panasonic systems is SEVEN (7).

So please try to select that number, and then have someone call from an outside line and COUNT the number of rings heard - to TEST if that setting works.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I think I CHANGED IT TO 6 RINGS, BUT WOILDLIKE 8.

As mentioned in my last note:

I believe the HIGHEST number of rings that can be selected for MOST Panasonic systems is SEVEN (7).

Thanks, ***** *****

We NEED to do the TEST - because there COULD BE a "Voicemail" system active on the phone service - from Frontier.

I say this because MOST phone service providers set their Voicemail systems to answering calls at about the FIVE ring setting.

Let me know the RESULTS of the TEST CALL - once the ring count of the Panasonic system has been set to SEVEN.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
iT ONLY RINGS 4 TIMES.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
iT STILL ONLYH RINGS 4 TIMES,

OK - was that AFTER the ring count was successfully CHANGED to 7?

And was it YOU that placed the TEST CALL - from an outside line?

If so, what was HEARD in the calling phone?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I CHNAGED IT TO 7 RINGS, BUT WHETHER THAT WAS SUCCESSFUL, I DO'T KNOW. yES I CALLED OUR NUMBER FROM OUR CELL PHONE. IT JUST WANTED TO LEAVE A MESSAGE.

OK - to TEST if this indeed the Panasonic answering system OR some OTHER system taking the call, simply turn OFF the Panasonic system (press the ANSWER ON/OFF button - on the main base), THEN repeat the TEST CALL.

And by the way, if there is some OTHER system picking up the call, go ahead and LEAVE a TEST MESSAGE - if you can. That way we can track down WHERE that OTHER message system is.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I AM STILL ONLY GETTING 4 RINGS ON THE Panasonic PHOME, AND THEN MY MESSAGE TO LEAVE A CALL.

OK - I have reached a phone I can call on.

Would you like me to call you and walk you through the tests?

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
PLEASE
Phone call session started

Thanks for the call Marilyn.

Here is a link to the Frontier Voicemail Guide.

https://frontier.com/~/media/HelpCenter/Documents/phone/voicemail/home-voicemail-user-guide.ashx?la=en

Here it is again:::

Summary of what I would LIKE you to try to do:

1) Set the Panasonic Ring Count to MAXIMUM of SEVEN rings.

2) Set the Frontier Voicemail Ring Count to NINE (max of voicemail).

That should give you at least seven rings before any system will take the calls.

Let me know how the restart of the computer goes.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer