Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Have an issue with my answering machine, for starters I

Customer Question
Have an issue with...

Have an issue with my answering machine, for starters I cannot leave a message, also cannot erase all of the calls I have received.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

VtechDIGITSL Answering system vtech

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your VTech system? What have you tried so far?

Ever since I got it at Best Buy.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how do I make an actual answer?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/23/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone/message system.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.
2) How long has this system been in use?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Got a message that I had a voicemail but how do I hear it? Also how could I plug my landline into a landline jack. Major purpose of a landline is to have a way to communicate without electricity; I’ve been without electricity in the last 2 years.

Hi again,

To be able to help, I MUST know a few details. I asked a few basic questions that I would like you to respond to - if you can. Have those questions again below:

====================

To help with this issue, may I ask:

Thanks

Model # I guess DC6V400mA
Have had issues since I set up the system, under a month. Was able to get some limited help from someone on the telephone with this system. She explained that the model # is not with the answering machine.
Still I don't now how to plug landline in.
My server is LMI.net out of Berkeley CA.

Hi again,

OK the "DC6V400mA" sent looks like the output specifications for an "AC adapter" of some kind.

NOTE: MOST Vtech models begin with a couple of letters, followed by at least four numbers. EXAMPLE: CS1234 (not a real model number but example of the format of a Vtech model).

Also, I checked the LMI.net service page and I did NOT see that they offer "phone services", but mostly internet and surrounding services.

So do you have a SEPARATE or "add on" device OR company - that generates/offers your PHONE SERVICE?

Thanks

(im)