Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

New phone, no line and no dial tine, Wait one. CS6919, JUST…

Customer Question
New phone, no line...

New phone, no line and no dial tine,

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Wait one.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

CS6919

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

JUST GET IT WORKING!

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I purchase the phone last week but didn't connect until yesterday.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have two phone cords and a device connecting to the jack in the wall w/ a phone line.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I DON'T HAVE A CELLULAR, AND MY LINE PHONE IS NOT WORKING, SO YOU WILL NEED TO SEND EVERYTHING TO THE EMAIL ACCOUNT!!
3/23/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 27 days ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

2) Is this Vtech system being installed to REPLACE a working phone, or as a first phone to be installed on this service?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

(im)

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
1. One
2. No
3. Cox (Bundle)
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I have NO landline nor cell.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

But for question 2, I asked an "either OR" type of question, about if this was to REPLACE an existing working phone OR if it was the FIRST phone to be installed on the service.

So may I rephrase and ask:

WAS THERE a previous WORKING PHONE - connected to the Cox phone service?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I don't know. But this is a New installation system for me and I being at this location since 2013.

OK - if this is a "new installation system" for you, may I ask if the Cox phone service is NEWLY activated - as part of the bundle?

In other words, HOW LONG has the Cox phone service been active - at your current location?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Fall of 2016

OK - so just for MY clarification:

Can you CONFIRM that there WAS A fully functional phone connected to the fully functional Cox phone service?

AND that phone and service was WORKING - until this Vtech phone was installed?

NOTE: I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what is happening in this situation.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
How do I check,?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I guess I can contact Cox.

you would "check" by telling me IF there was ANY WORKING PHONE EVER Connected at your current location.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I'll check with Cox. Bye.

I see from your previous posts that:

1) The Vtech system was purchased last week and

2) There are two phone cords and

3) there is a "device connecting to the jack in the wall" with a phone line.

So may I ask:

WHERE is the PHONE CORD from the Vtech BASE connected?

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer