Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic KXTGE270 that my grandchildren have

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic KXTGE270 that my grandchildren have knocked the base off the stand one too many times. If I purchase another one that only has one handset, will I be able to use the additional handsets from the original set?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KXTGE270? What have you tried so far?

For several weeks the several weeks reception is choppy on most calls

3/23/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Are you planning to purchase the EXACT SAME MODEL system - as a replacement?
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with the current system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue (choppy reception)?
3) What is the AGE of the current system?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

it happens on all handsets and the model number is ***** the same. I just would like to get a new base (the abuse was on-going but the last crash started this issue)and be able to keep using the other handsets. I would be great if I could transfer all the data from the old base to the new one if possible.

OK - How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with the current system?

4 including the one for the base unit
5 including the one for the base unit

OK - if you get the same EXACT MAIN BASE you should be able to "move" the current handsets to that new base.

I only asked because MOST Panasonic systems have a limit of SIX total handsets that can be "registered" to a single main base.

If you can't find such a system locally, I have a link below to the search results (from Amazon) for such a system.

Click Here for search results --> http://amzn.to/2HV3G0n

If you need the steps for moving the handsets from one base to another, I can supply those too. Just let me know if you need that.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Thanks, ***** ***** the need to match the bases. I will keep the old one so the kids can still enjoy making pretend calls and making the beeping noises. Maybe they'll leave the new one alone..........Nah, they'll find the new one too.

You're quite welcome and thanks for the rating.

And that is an EXCELLENT idea about keeping the older phones around for the kids to play with.

Please let me know if you have any more questions in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.