Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a problem with my answering system. Even though I…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my answering system. Even though I have recorded a message for the voicemail it still comes up with automated message and will not record incoming messages. I have already gone VM icon and I am not sure what that means. My phone system is lite red for ans on/off.....any ideas

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Model cs6649 vtech

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your CS6649? What have you tried so far?

Moved in November, had no problems receiving messages prior. Has not worked since move. I have gone through the menu/select programming

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/22/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer,

To help with this issue may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Can you do a TEST for me? That test is to pick up any handset and QUICKLY listen for the steady Dial tone, and let me know if you hear anything BEFORE the steady Dial tone.

Thanks