Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Just switched from ATT to Xfinity phone service. Now when I…

Hi!!! Just switched from...

Hi!!! Just switched from ATT to Xfinity phone service. Now when I pick up the phone it beeps several times I guess to tell me I have a voice mail. Have never set up vm and don’t know how to set up or retrieve one.Also have tried to reset my message announcement but not successfully. Followed instructions to no avail. Please help if you can. Thanks so much. Sxxxx

Technician's Assistant: What XFinity system do you have?

I have no idea. We kept our Dish Network for TV but switched to Xfinity just for faster internet and phone service. Didn’t know there were different systems

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of. Thanks Pearl

3/22/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue -

The "typical" Voicemail Setup for Comcast (Xfinity) is as follows:

1) Pick up any phone attached to the phone service and WAIT for the steady dial tone (after the beeps heard).

2) Dial * 9 9 (star-nine-nine).

3) Follow the prompts to CREATE a password ***** record your own greeting.

NOTE: I HIGHLY recommend WRITING DOWN the password ***** keeping it safely stored near the main phone.

For your reference, I have have a link to a full "help" article below.

Click Here --> https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-voicemail

NOTE: Once set up and any or ALL messages on the system have been listened to, the beeps SHOULD go away - until a NEW message arrives.

Please let me know if you have any trouble getting the voicemail set up and working.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer