Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a model KX-TGD 222N and suddenly my phone only rings…

Customer Question
I have a model...

I have a model KX-TGD 222N and suddenly my phone only rings once and it goes to voice mail or nothing happens. I can not answer the call. This has just suddenly happened with the calls in the past two days. What can I check ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is not a smart phone it is a land line phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

It Is not a smartphone and I have spoken with the provider they tell me that my phone might have blocked numbers. They don't see anything from their side.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...KX-TGD 222N..."

When will I receive your reply ?

Initially, which phone company is the service provider please?

It is Comcast-Xfinity I do not want a call this is already costing me more than I expected to pay.

Have you tried / can you please try calling your home number using a cell phone? Note what happens when /after you hear the ringing in your cell phone

Just called my cell phone, it rang a number of times then went to voice mail. I just had a family member call me. The first time she called the phone rang once and then disconnected. The second time she called I was able to answer the phone and talk with her. She called from work so there was only "Incoming Call" with no ID. It did ring the 4 times as it is set-up to do.
I am able to call from my cell phone to the(###) ###-####and it rings the 4 times than goes to voice mail as it should.

It would appear to be a glitch with Comcast-Xfinity system and not with the Panasonic.

This is crazy !!! Comcast says its a Panasonic problem you say its a Comcast problem and in the mean time I am not receiving the important calls that I need to receive. Is there any way of checking to see if my phone has any blocked numbers stored in it ?
Hello is anyone there ??

Which do you use / prefer; VoiceMail feature offered by Comcast? ...or the answering system built-in to the Panasonic's main/base unit.

Still, yes a possibility of "block " calls. Try turning this Panasonic feature OFF:

• MENU # 2 1 7;
  • MENU # 1 7 3; and
  • MENU # 2 4 0.
I have done as you instructed. I have no way of knowing if this will help. So I paid for nothing more than I already knew. Please cancel my trial plan of $ 34.00 per month and my charge for today's call

Done; "...cancel my trial plan of $ 34.00 per month and my charge..." would be relayed to Customer Service through channels.
Please do not post a reply so as not to re-open the question thread.