Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic phone set on my main phone line in my…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic phone set on my main phone line in my house. Somehow I got person's name listed as my main group of phone numbers. How do I get it off and put some other identification name to it?

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

Kk-tgea20

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

A week or two. I accidently put it on. But I cannot get it off now. When I have the group "Rauchwarg" and click it, it just starts the goup list of numbers. The phone numbers are the list I want to keep I just want to remove the name and put somthing like family and friends.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent appears to be for a single cordless handset).

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

kx-tge240

Hi again and thanks for that model.

May I ask if you still have the Operating Instructions (manual) and if it is handy?

Thanks

I do not know if I still have it. I have moved since I gought this equipment. If it has an answer, please send me the answer by email and the page number in the manual if I can find it.

Hi again,

Please understand that I can NOT email information to you, but can ONLY post information here - on this page.

Now I CAN send you a link to the electronic version of the manual, which MAY have the same page numbers as the printed manual.

Would an electronic (PDF) version of the manual - with references to the appropriate section(s) - work for you?

Thanks

OK - very good.

First, I have the link to the electronic version of the manual below. That should either appears on your screen or download when clicking the link.

KX-TGE245 Manual --> http://tinyurl.com/KX-TGE245

Once you have that displayed, you will want to look at Page 25 - where it talks about "Groups" and "Changing group names/setting ringer ID".

I mention that section because I believe the EASIEST thing to do is CHANGE the current NAME of the group now used, to something more recognizable for you.

Also, page 24 has most of the information for EDITING phonebook entries, and editing group names uses the same process.

Please let me know if you have any trouble seeing the manual - via the link above - or any other questions "interpreting" the instructions that are in the manual (I KNOW it can be difficult at times).

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 months ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)