Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My telephone has no dial tone. My phone number is

Customer Question
My telephone has no...

My telephone has no dial tone.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

My phone number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

This is a land line, supposedly handled by comcast/xfinity.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I was using the phone about a few hours ago. When I tried to use it, one of my phones said it was in use...but there was no dial tone in any phone in the house. My brother tried to call me and was told the number was out of order...or not active(?).

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/21/2018
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 5 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I have unplugged my computer modem, at the suggestion of a friend, waited 10 seconds, then plugged it back in. The buttons lit up almost to the bottom, but I still have no dial tone on my phones....I just checked again.
I would like to continue until my phones work again.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I called 1-800-comcast and talked to somebody who connected me to XFinity. I reinstalled my XFinity coverage to(###) ###-#### acct #618032108350563. I removed the plug to my modem again, and replugged it after 10+ seconds. I still have no dial tone on my land-line phones.
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.
2) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to make TEST CALLS to the landline number? If so, please place one such TEST CALL and let me know what is heard - in the calling phone.

3) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

The number you have reached is not in service. Please check the number and try again. I dialed it again and got the same answer.
All of my phones were working and were hung up.