Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have panasonic KX-TG585SK and people call me, they can…

Customer Question
I have panasonic KX-TG585SK...

I have panasonic KX-TG585SK and people call me, they can hear me but I cannot hear them. Please help me!

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It is a land line with 5 phones.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

I described that in my first message.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

It has been this way for five days. I have had to use my cell phone. I am very upset. Please help me.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, if he can fix this problem I also need to be able to get my messages from this phone when I am away.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Does this happen for ALL CALLS - both IN and OUT?
2) Have ALL handsets been TESTED and if so, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

1.Yes, this happens with MOST calls in and out.
2.Yes all handsets have been tested and they all have this issue.
3.Spectrum
4. No other phones are attached to this line except the 5 Panasonic Phone Set!
I have no other info. Please help me soon. Thank you!

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Please NOTE: Troubleshooting issues like this can take some time, so please work with me as we try to get to the bottom of this issue.

My next questions:

1a) Do you have a "bundled" service from the provider (Spectrum), where phone, TV, and/or Internet is provided as part of the package?

1b) If so, is there a "main box" (sometimes called a modem), where ALL of the services enter your location?

1c) If such as box is present, can you locate it and let me know if there are several "lights" on the front of that box, one of which is labeled "PHONE" or "TEL 1"?

Thanks

1 .Yes
1 b Yes
3c all light are working...no Phone or Tel1.

OK - just to make sure we have the correct main box, are there ANY labels on the front of that box AND is there a PHONE CORD attached to the back of that box?

If there are labels near the lights, let me know what they are.

Thanks

There are no labels on or near the lights

What about a PHONE CORD being attached at the back of the box?

No phone cord!

Can you also send me your Zip Code?

I need that so I can check what equipment you MAY have?

Thanks

OK - I see three possible Spectrum provider's for that area:

Charter, Time Warner, and Bright House.

Does you know which specific provider you have (please let me know)?

Thanks

CHARTER

OK - can you trace the phone cord - from the back of the MAIN BASE of the Panasonic system - and tell me WHERE exactly that cord connects to?

Thanks

give me a few minutes.

Take your time.

If you find it connect to the back of a different box, please get the model from that box.

Thanks

It connects to an extension phone jack and the power cord connects to a wall outlet. Where will I find a different "box"?? What do you mean?

According to my notes - Spectrum/Charter MAY have a "Phone Modem" (may be called an "MTA") at your location - that is specifically for the phone service.

Our objective is to find that phone modem and RESET it, by removing all power (including any backup battery) for a period of about FIVE minutes, and then restoring power.

That should RESET & REBOOT that box, and perhaps restoring full two-way conversations.

Let me know if you are aware of any such box anywhere at your location.

Thanks

I desperately need to solve this inconvenience. PLEASE respond. I am ill and am not able to stay at my computer much longer.

Hi again,

I just tried to send a note but it appears to have got lost when you posted your last note.

Let me try again.

According to my notes, there MAY be a "PHONE MODEM" (box) at your location, that specifically provides the phone service.

OUR objective is to find that box and attempt to RESET/REBOOT it - by removing all power (including any backup battery) for a period of 3-5 minutes, then reconnecting power.

That often RESETS/REBOOTS the box and restores FULL TWO-WAY conversations.

If you are too ill to find that box OR can not reset it, I would recommend trying to contact the Spectrum Customer/Technical Support folks, using the contact information at the following page, They MAY be able to RESET their systems from their remote offices, without you having to find or reset anything.

If needed, please use the following link to find the Spectrum contact details.
NOTE: You MAY have to enter your zip code on the page to get the local contact details.

Click Here --> https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this issue.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-