Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Here, Have new phone *** which is having trouble working.

Ian here, Have new...

Ian here, Have new phone *** which is having trouble working.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your ***? What have you tried so far?

Bought new yesterday, powered up 5.ooPM yesterday, handsets are charging,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

When flash talk is pressed get "connecting" message and "out of range" when only 1/2 metre frombase station!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Phone does not receive mobile calls
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Phones seem to charge well, Have tried different telephone cables, All uniden handsets behave the same way, cannot connect to base station, all get "out of range" message when flash/talk button pressed.
3/19/2018
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Hi Ian, is the phone cord from the phone system connected securely at both ends, both to the phone base and to the landline connection?

If you leave one of the handsets on the main base station, does it register after a few minutes and allow you to use it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But I will double check, all lights work, handset on base is charging, Telephone cable has been swapped seems secure.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Checked. power cable is special with yellow plug for base station - right one is being used,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a brand new system straight from the box, never been used, so object to having to pay for phone calls to get it fixed. I can take it back to JB HI FI and get another if you do not know of a fix or something I can try.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
New message on hand set. "check base power"!

You can ignore any automated phone call offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site and not by me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can turn it on and off at switch, lights up!

When the handset says "Check base power", check that the base station still has a lit power light, and also that it is connected to a working phone line.

If both of these conditions are met but it won't work then it may have bad wiring or a fault.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as far as I can tell, power cable is working, phone line worked perfectly on old phone!So probably some sort of fault. Would you like to call my mobile(###) ###-####

If the system is faulty then your best option is to return it to the retailer.

Pete, Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** You may have a 5 star rating, but all those interruptions for calls and trials get are really annoying!
Pete, Engineer