Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

No landline connection. Can't receive calls. Uniden Uniden.

Customer Question
No landline connection. Can't...

No landline connection. Can't receive calls

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Uniden Uniden

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Uniden system? What have you tried so far?

2 days have only just been made aware that incoming calls are not happening

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not to my knowledge

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Tried to phone out, no response
3/20/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Uniden system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

DECT1535+2
18008891

Hi again and thanks for that model number.

May I also ask:

Thanks

I was interrupted!
Telstra
My Netflix -tv apple is not working either
Can't access HDM11/DV1

Hi again and thanks for that information.

The fact that more than one service is NOT working suggests that this is really a SERVICE(S) issue, rather than an issue with the instrument (Uniden phone).

So may I ask if there is a "main box" from the provider - where ALL of the services come into your location?

Note: Typically these boxes will have several indicator "lights" on the front, and a few cables/cords connected in the back.

Please let me know.

Thanks

OK - please CHECK to see if there is an indicator that is label "PHONE", or "TELE", or something like that.

And if you find one, let me know what that indicator is doing (ON, Flashing, etc.).

Thanks

phone is not flashing

Is it ON steady, OFF, etc.?

off

OK - I think it is time to attempt to RESET that box, to see if any/or all of the services can be reloaded and the box "rebooted".

To do that, the usual process is:

1) Find the POWER CONNECTOR - at the back of the box - and disconnect it. Leave the power disconnected for AT LEAST TWO FULL MINUTES.

2) While the power is disconnected, CHECK THE INDICATORS at the front of the box, to VERIFY that they are ALL OFF. If they are NOT off, there may be a "backup battery" (may be internal), that will also needed to be disconnected for the TWO MINUTE time.

3) After the two minute delay, reconnect the POWER (and backup battery if present), then WATCH the indicators on the front of the box - for about 2-3 minutes. Once the indicators "stabilize" into a normal pattern, CHECK that the PHONE SERVICE is working, by checking for a dial tone and TEST if an outgoing call can be made.

Please give that a try and let me know IF the dial tone comes back.

Thanks

did that but no dial tone

OK - did the PHONE indicator flash or come ON at all - when the power was reconnected?

no
would it help if I used a texta and coloured it?

OK - that could indicate a "hardware issue" with that box OR the services through the Telstra network.

Let me give you a link to the MAIN "Support" page for Telstra, where you should be able to contact them directly so this issue can be looked into.

Click Here --> https://www.telstra.com.au/support

Look for "Troubleshooting Tools" at the top of the page, if you want to try troubleshooting on your own first.
Look for "24x7 Chat" and "Contact us" towards the bottom of the page, to connect with the Support folks.

Please let me know what is found - when you can - or if you have any more questions about this issue.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Nothing resolved unless I pay more! I have spent most of my day trying to resolve the issues
.I'd rather have a techno in to service than go through the "circus" I've been through!!
What a convoluted, frustrating exercise! There's just nobody out "there" who's prepared to give me a definitive answer and walk me through.
I got a numb bum awaiting replies and sourcing agencies who might help! Telstra was of no help at all!
Yes- I'm not tech savvy, but, there has to be someone who can help people like me!
I'm still without phone connection and access to Netflix. The question remains-why???
And- having exhausted all options, within my very limited experience, where do I go from here??

Hi again,

I can understand the frustration.

Based on the troubleshooting we have done HERE, all indications are that this is an issue with the Telstra equipment or services - especially since MULTIPLE services are not working.

So I would try to concentrate on reaching someone there - in their "technical support" group that CAN help you.

TIP: sometimes "disconnecting" from a particular support channel (or person), waiting a few minutes, and then reconnecting to a DIFFERENT person will make a different "approach" to the issue appear - so progress can be made towards a solution.

Also, if you have a friend or neighbor relatively close by, you could take one of your current phones to their location, connect it there, and then TEST if it works at that "known good/working" location. That would at least prove that the phone does work - or not - allowing you to concentrate on the failing element.

I hope this helps in making some progress towards a solution for you.

Please let me know what is ultimately found - when you can.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

I'm not prepared to go to these extremes to solve a problem which is" home-based". Surely there has to be a better solution!!
OK I'm going back to Telstra and having another go.

Very good. Hopefully you will reach some who CAN help identify the root cause (real issue).

I will look for your results later on.

Take Care, Greg A.

P.S. I'm at the end of my day/night for today, but will be back again tomorrow (about 9-10 hours from now).

OK! Who is it??

Hi again,

Just wanted to let you know I am back online.

Were you able to contact someone - at Telstra - that was able to make progress in troubleshooting these issues?

No resolution! What a total waste of time and money! Service was so SLOW which meant being online for eons to solicit a negative response! Grrrr!
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 months ago

Were you EVER able to get in contact with ANYONE at the service provider - to be able to let them know about these issues?