Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phones don't work. Where do I find this info? I rteceived…

Customer Question
My phones don't work ...

My phones don't work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Where do I find this info?

Technician's Assistant: The Phone System Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

I rteceived my phones for Christmas 2017. My daughter bought them from Shopko in Madison, Wisconsin>

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

On the brochure are several CS5129 CS512925 CS5129-15 CS12926 CS5512916 CS51293 CS5129-2 CVS5129-3 CS5129-4 CS5129-5

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 month ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) HOW exactly are the phones "not working"? That is, are the "dead", can't make outgoing calls, can't receive incoming calls, etc.?
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The numbers on my main phone were always lite. I didn't know how to turn them off. I think that battery is dead. None of my phones work. I have three. There is one phone upstairs, but now lives up there now. All of my children are gone. I'm 89+ years old, born Aug. 1928> The main phone takes messages, but I cannot receive them>
The phone upstairs is not vtech.

HI again and thanks for that detailed information.

Next question: Can you EASILY get upstairs - to disconnect any phone that is up there?

I only ask so that we can START by disconnecting any "unneeded phone" from the phone line.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My daughter, who gave me the phone, is gone and won't be back for at least 2 weeks.> My phone service provider is Charter--Spectrum.

Hi again,

Did you see my last question? Let me post it again (below):

Can you EASILY get upstairs - to TEST or disconnect any phone that is up there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no dial tone up there either.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Seems that these phones should last more than a few months!!

OK - did you DISCONNECT the upstairs phone - to take it "off the phone line"?

I only ask because we can to cut down on the "variables" that may be causing this "no dial tone" issue.

And this may NOT be a phone issue at all - but a SERVICE issue.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have disconnected the phone upstairs.

OK - very good.

Now if you can, disconnect the PHONE CORD from the MAIN BASE of the Vtech, and let me know what appears on the DISPLAY of the handsets.

NOTE: A message like "No Line" SHOULD appear.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The message on the hand phone is no power at base

Hi again,

I have to go out to pick up my son, but will open your question so that another expert here can help you - while I'm away.

I will check back on you - when I get back (about 2 hrs.)

Thanks

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician
Hello I’m Nathan. Greg asked me to check in on you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm going to go get dinnert Talk you later Greg.
Please disconnect both the powe and phone cord from the vtech main base station for at least 15 minutes. Then plug back in and test the phones and let me know what happens.

Just wanted to let you know that I'm back and agree with Nathan's "next step" for troubleshooting.

If that does NOT change the results, let me know what DOES DISPLAY on the handsets.

We many also want to try attaching a DIFFERENT PHONE - in place of the Vtech main base - for the purposes of TESTING if a different phone has the same symptoms (no dial tone).

Let me know once you have tried the full disconnect (for 15 minutes) and reconnect of the Vtech main base.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nothing appears at all.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have to leave . Perhaps I can get back to you later>
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just connected the upstairs phone to the jack down here and I have a dial tone..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My daughter has not left on vacation yet. She called on my cell and told me that Madison Shopko told her that I should the whole system back to Beloit Shopko and see if they would replace it. If they don't have one, perhaps give me a discount on another brand.
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 30 days ago

Hi again and thanks for that update.

If the store is OFFERING to replace the system, I would recommend doing that as the easiest and quickest option.

I would also recommend a DIFFERENT brand, because generally speaking Vtech system are NOT on the top of my list for features and reliability.

My personal preference for cordless phone systems are 1) Panasonic and 2) Uniden phone systems.

As a reference only, I have a couple of links below for the search results for phone systems - from Amazon. This should give you a good idea of what may be available.

Panasonic cordless phone 2 handsets
Click Here --> http://amzn.to/1H2xKnp

Panasonic Amplified Cordless Phone
Click Here --> http://amzn.to/2G8CX3b

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this issue.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer