Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I just received a KX-_TG350N in the last five days, brand…

Customer Question
I just received a...

I just received a KX-_TG350N in the last five days, brand new. I am having trouble with the answering service not recording. The phone is set to on with the VM, I've called the phone service and the VM with them is turned to off. When the phone rings, the phone indicates it is answering but then it beeps, does not record and cuts the caller off. Is this a defect in the phone?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

This is not a smartphone. It is a landline desk phone.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

This is a landline desk phone. It's been going on since I got it. I've followed the manual and still not working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, this is not a smartphone.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/19/2018
Electronics Technician: rwhill1, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service

I think that you have possibly turned on the phone's VM feature which is designed to interact with your phone services VM, rather than the phone's Answering System which is covered on page 40 of the manual I have - could that be the case?

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich