Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

The red light stays on and there is a message that messages…

Customer Question
The red light stays...

The red light stays on and there is a message that messages are full. I have cleared all messages from the telephone. IAm concerned that messages cannotbe left on .”call waiting”. Would you help me please?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is no a Smart Phone. It is a telephone with 4 extensions, commonly referred to as my land line

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

It is not a “smart phone” just a desk phone. This just started today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Nno

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me how you listened/cleared the messages? Did you use the play and erase buttons on the base station?

If you pick up the line and listen carefully, do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
I see you have requested another expert to help you.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone/answering system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.
2) Does the messages full indication still exist, and if so how is the indication being presented (seen, heard, etc.)?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

I will just buy a new telephone, definetly NOT a Panasonic. First $5 then $26. This could go on and on. I the meantime my phone doesn’t work. Thank you,but no thanks
C

Just in case you were not aware, you have asked your question on JustAnswer.com - a paid support service. It is NOT free help.
Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - plus an agreed upon amount, with the total balance paid upon receiving an answer.

Now that you know that, please let me know if you would like to continue with your request for help (or not).

Thanks

I would still like an answer and I do not expect to get help for nothing

OK - IF you want to continue in the troubleshooting process, please try to respond to each of the questions I sent, and will post again below.