Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I just purchased a Panasonic cordless phone KX-TGD533. In…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a Panasonic cordless phone KX-TGD533. In attempting to setup I get the message "check tel line" when the unit is plugged into the telephone jack. What now?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGD533? What have you tried so far?

I just purchased the unit and

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just purchased the unit ad started setting it up within the hour. I removed the old unit and plugged in the new exactly the way the old had been plugged in.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/18/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you have any other phones connected to the same telephone line in another room, or perhaps a fax machine?
Did you have any similar problems with the old unit - is that what prompted buying this one?

The old phone, and AT&T worked fine but the two extra handsets stopped working. The base still worked and could be used to both make and receive calls. I later surmised that the handsets may need new batteries but that was after I had dismantled the old set. No other phones or fax machine connected to the same line
As I mentioned before, the old base phone worked fine. The new continues to say "Check telephone Line"
Are you still there?

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Could you please plug the old one back in, to the same wall jack you're using for the panasonic now, and see if the att phone works there still?