Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I can't get the 5 off the message display. Modelkx-tge260.

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the 5 off the message display

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Modelkx-tge260

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your MODELKX-TGE260?

Manybe 4 yrs or so

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I've erased all the messages thru the handset but the 5 remains

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic KX-TGE260

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGE260? What have you tried so far?

I just told you

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I've also tried to unplug everything and it still displayed 5

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 month ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Are you referring to the "Message counter" - located on the MAIN BASE of the system?
2) How are messages NORMALLY listened to and erased (what keys or buttons are pressed)?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the message counter. I less the button below on the base to listen to the messages but the message won't play so I went to the handset to erase them but the 5 stayed on the message counter. Spectrum
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why can't he call?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You said it's better to get this resolved by phone

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However I may be able to reach a phone in 10-15 minutes.
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
If that will work for you, let me know exactly what happens when the PLAY/STOP button is pressed - on the main base.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing

OK - what happens if you touch the ANSWER ON/OFF button - on the main base?

And can you tell me what EXACT KEYS/BUTTONS were pressed - on the handset - to listen to and erase the messages?

Hi again,

I'm about to reach a phone which I can call with.

Do you still need that call?

Please let me know HERE.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to pay for a call. Nothing happens when I press any buttons on the base
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I receive the messages on the handset and can erase them on the handset

Hi again - sorry for any delay - I was helping another customer.

Please TRY the following key sequence - using any cordless phone - and let me know if you hear ANY messages.

Pick up handset while not on a call.

Press MENU, then #3 2 4 (pound-three-two-four).

That should play ALL MESSAGES stored in the Panasonic answering system.

Let me know what is heard.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already erased all the messages thru the handset

Did you TRY the sequence I sent, and if so can you tell me EXACTLY what was heard?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm furious first I've had to repeat the same answers and I was charged for a phone call that I said I did not want. Please remove that charge!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please remove the 19.00 charge and the 26.00 dollar charge. I did not approve these charges! This is totally unacceptable

First, I'm NOT asking you to REPEAT answers, but asking an answer to a SPECIFIC question. which was "WHAT EXACTLY WAS HEARD" when trying a specific key sequence on a cordless handset.

Next,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

Please let me know if you have any more DETAILS - about your phone system - now or in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

AND

Just in case you were not aware, you have asked your question on JustAnswer.com - a paid support service. It is NOT free help.
Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - plus an agreed upon amount, with the total balance paid upon receiving an answer.

Now that you are aware, please let me know if you would like to continue with this help (or not).

Regards, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer