Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I purchased a Panasonic cordless phone set of three from…

Customer Question
Hi...I purchased a Panasonic...

Hi...I purchased a Panasonic cordless phone set of three from Amazon in July. A few months ago one of the phone stopped showing the display and doesn't work. I have tried replacing the batteries but nothing has helped. Amazon only gives 30 days for reruns so I couldn't exchange it.

Technician's Assistant: Did this handset come with your Panasonic system, or was it bought separately?

It came with the set.

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets show the same message?

No the others work fine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No I just want to know how to fix it or replace it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/17/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you try swapping in batteries from one of the other handsets that is working and let me know if anything changes?
What is the model number of your system?

I tried that but it didn't work. The model number is ***** I think. The number inside the battery case.

The model number is ***** the main base station and starts with kx-tg

That's not it. I found it and it's KK-TGEA

That is the first part of the handset model, there would be numbers after that,

the system model number is ***** the main base station, and the first portion of it is kx-tg

I was told initially that there would be a 5.00 refundable fee to try this out. When I looked at the charges it was 24.00. I did not agree to that amount.

You may have misread the terms which were all disclosed and you had to specifically click to agree to.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

I would appreciate a refund of 24.00 and I will pay the 5.00 as agreed. After the A there is a 20

You pay the full amount upon corresponding with me here, that is how the site works.

26.00 more ?
to talk to you by phone? I want to cancel and receive a refund please.
I misunderstood the terms.
For a call yes that is more. I have no control over any fees or site matters. You may self manage that on the help page.
I just can't afford it. Thanks.
\
I didn’t ask for anything else. That’s an ad from the site.
OK NOt your fault
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I was going to cancel the membership because I didn't realize that it cost 24.00 but now I have paid it so may as well l continue. I have a set of cordless phones...Panasonic. One has stopped displaying the information and has a blank screen. I have tried to replace batteries with some from a phone that works but it didn't turn it on.
It's a set of 3 phones. 2 work ok.

Unfortunately, it will need to be replaced. If it is less than a year old, it can be replaced under warranty.