Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Just a simple question that I can't find the answer to in…

Just a simple question that...
Just a simple question that I can't find the answer to in the operating instructions booklet. I want to get rid of the first ring for blocked numbers. It says the menu # is 173 but I can't find out how to arrive at that menu number --or actually any menu number.
3/17/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Make (brand) & Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

I am not having an issue with my phone. I don't need technical advice. All I need is the answer to how to block the first ring sound on blocked numbers. It tells me how to do it in the book page 34 but I CAN'T FOLLOW THE SIMPLE DIRECTIONS BECAUSE i i CAN'T FIND HOW TO ACCESS Menu#173.
OK--so can you answer my question?
Are you still with me? What's happening?

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay - I was away from my computer for a little while.

To be able to help you, I must know the Make & Model of the system you are dealing with. If you have a manual, the model of the system should be printed on the cover of that manual.

Thanks

KXTGE230 My digital cordless phone model #
Are you still with me?

Yes - I'm still here.

But please understand that it takes a few moments AFTER you send your messages for me to see them and respond. This is NOT an "instant" system.

Please give me a few moments to look up that information for you.

Thanks

OK - I believe the DETAIL you are looking for is HOW to use the MENU system AND the "Direct command code" feature of most Panasonic system.

That DETAIL should be on page 27 of your manual, or very close to that page.

If you look under the section titled "Using the direct command code", you should see an EXAMPLE of what steps to use to use that entry method.

The key is that you will pick up any handset, while the system is NOT in use, and START the programming by pressing the MENU button (or soft key).

THEN you will want to enter the "command code" for the feature to program, which ALWAYS STARTS with the # (pound) key.

So to turn OFF the "First ring" of any blocked number the sequence would be:

Pick up handset and press MENU.

Then press # 1 7 3 (pound-one-seven-three).

Then use the UP/DOWN arrows to highlight your choice (OFF in this case).

Then press the SAVE soft key (button below the DISPLAYED word SAVE).

Then press the OFF button - to exit programming.

If you can, please give that a try, and let me know exactly what you see, and if that works for you.

Also, feel free to TRY any other "direct code" - for other features of the system.

Thanks, ***** *****

Thanks Greg. for the page number answer and the the detailed instructions which I followed happily--I'm sure it worked but if not, I'll just go through the instructions again.

Free free to TEST that you got the direct command entry method correct by using it to do something else - such as recording your own greeting in the answering system. That will give you IMMEDIATE feedback.

The direct code for recording the greeting is # 3 0 2 (pound-three-zero-two).

Let me know if that works for you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Here is a link to a video that show the DIRECT COMMAND method of how to record your own greeting on most Panasonic systems that have a built-in answering system.

Click here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4shKaBDTKoU

Please take a look if you can.

Cool. I'm so pleased to feel that I now can work with my phone .
I would like to give you that 5 star rating. How do I find the page to do that?

You should see the stars and submit button at the top of the current page.

If you have any trouble finding or using rating the stars, I have a link to a short animation that shows how that should work.
How to rate an answer --> http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer