Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic dect 9.60 phone. I have recorded a but it…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic dect 9.60 phone. I have recorded a greeting but it plays over the old greeting. How do I get rid of the previous greetings

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

Model no. KX-TG4031C

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

A few days ago a caller has told me that my own voice greeting plays over a factory greeting. I tried recording a new greeting but it plays over the previous greetings

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

3/16/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you find ever that you are not getting some of your messages that people leave for you?

No, I think I am receiving messages. I am just frustrated by having a greeting playing over another greeting
No thanks to the $35.00 phone call

I have not asked for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

The primary reason for this type of overplaying is not within the panasonic itself,

but rather that there is likely is some other device interfering.

You may have another older phone system in another room or even a fax or other answer system with an answering feature built in, which is picking up the line at the same time, resulting in hearing both together. Please go and unplug any other phone system you may have from the phone line (temporarily), so the only thing connected to the line is the panasonic main base station. Then call home from a cell or have someone call you and let me know the results.

You are very smart! That solved the problem. So now I need to delete the greeting on the other phone ( I hope that will be easy). Thank you very much.
Hello are you there? I would like to disconnect now please

Great!

Don't worry about the greeting, you just need to turn off the answer system.

On the other unit, press the Answer On/off button once to toggle it off so it won't interfere any longer

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician