Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have four Panasonics model KX-TGA470. On two of them we…

We have four Panasonics...

We have four Panasonics model KX-TGA470. On two of them we cannot call out -- get message "Sorry, call did not go thru . . . ".. Display says NEW VOICE MAIL and then pressing VM dials 9449 and then get dial phone and can place call. How do we get rid of this nuisance?Phones are: (###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

KX--TGA470. Use OUTLOOK but should not matter because two of our ohones work fine.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

About three weeks. At that time we then added a new phone line formerly with AT&T:(###) ###-####and a Cox Communiation technician's house call may have messed things up.

3/16/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent (KX-TGA470) is for a single cordless handset).
2) It also sounds as if you MAY have TWO MAIN BASE stations that MAY be connected to separate phone lines --- is that the case?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line(s)?
4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line(s) and if so, are they working properly (allow outgoing and incoming calls)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Greg: My answers:
1) Base unit is KX-TG4731
2) Yes, I recently switched(###) ###-####to Cox Communications from AT&T. No problem calling and receiving from this line.
3) Cox Communications. I've called them several times for help w/o success so I think my problem is with the phones and not the provider.
4) No. All per the above.
Please review my original description of my problem.
Phone call session started

Thanks for the call Hugh.

Here is the URL (link) for the Cox help page I'm looking at.

https://www.cox.com/residential/support/checking-your-voice-mail.html

Try that page.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer