Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My phone only rings once and then stops. KX-TGE20. It's been…

Customer Question
My phone only rings...

My phone only rings once and then stops.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

KX-TGE20

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

It's been going on for at least two days. I don't know what to try.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/16/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you double-check and CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent appears to have a typo in it).
2) When these calls come in, is there ANYTHING appearing ON THE DISPLAY(S) of the system?
3) Does this happen for ALL CALLS coming in, or just a select few?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

KX-TGEA20. Yes it displays who's calling and it does it to all calls.

Hi again and thanks for that information,

OK - The KX-TGEA20 is the model for a single cordless handset. Can you please try to locate the LARGER MAIN BASE - and see if you can find a model number printed there? NOTE: Base units do NOT have the letter "A" in the model, and there are usually AT LEAST THREE numbers. Example: KX-TGE123

Also, are there any ICONS that appear with who's calling, or perhaps a message that says something like "Blocked Call"?

Thanks