Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Onicc. I have a Panosonic Blue tooth that is not erasing…

I have a Panosonic...

I have a Panosonic Blue tooth that is not erasing messages

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Model KX TGE260

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

It won't erase the messages and it now says memory is tto full

3/16/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone/message system.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) How exactly are message NORMALLY listened to - when the system is working? EXAMPLES: Pushing a "PLAY" button - on the main base, dialing a number and pressing number keys, etc.
2) Is there any "indicator" that the memory is full, and if so, is that SEEN or HEARD?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: ***
ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Hi again,

Please TRY to REPLY ONLY HERE - to the above questions I had about this issue.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
on the phone I press the access and it gives me the message. On the blue tooth it I got the message after I hit play. but recently the bluetooth did not give me the message but the phone did and the after that tne number of mesasages added up. I went on vcation for one week and when I came bace there was 39 messages and ti was full and not taking any more messages. the main problem with the blue tooth is that it does not erase or play back the answers. The phone will but the bluetooth does not.

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However I may be able to reach a phone in about 10 minutes.
We can also continue here in this chat/text form.
Please let me know if that will work for you.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok but talk and not text

After reviewing your last note, let me ask what happens (what is heard) if you press the PLAY button - on the MAIN BASE of the Panasonic system?

For example, does it PLAY ANY messages at all - including any OLD messages that are stored there?

Thanks

NOTE: at the moment I can post responses ONLY HERE.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The base does. Not tallk

I'm not clear on what "The base does. Not tallk" means.

So let me ask again:

What is HEARD - when pressing the PLAY button - on the MAIN BASE of the Panasonic system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tht base does not speak. The handset talks tho.

OK - the MAIN BASE of a KX-TGE260 system does have a "speaker" - for the purpose of playing back - or listening to - messages that are stored in the Panasonic answering system.

So are you saying that when you press the PLAY button - on the MAIN BASE - that there is NO SOUND from the speaker - and not even a spoken "There are no messages"??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the base does not speak it is silent

OK - if that is the case, please pick up ANY cordless handset OF the Panasonic system and let me know if you see ANY "notification" there - that says something like "Messages full".

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the handset says messages full

OK - very good.

Now may I ask if the "Message counter" on the main base has ANY NUMBER showing, and if so is it "flashing"?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
39 and it is flashing

OK - very good.

Now let me ask if you can press the PLAY button - on the MAIN BASE - and THEN tap the "Vol +" button a couple times - to makes the speaker in the main base actually play the sound of the messages?

Let me know if that works or not, as we should also play the messages via any handset.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No response after pressing play and tapplng vol

OK - let's try playing the messages from one of the cordless handsets then.

To do that, pick up any handset then:

1) Press MENU

2) Enter # 3 2 4 (pound-three-two-four).

ALL message should start to play back through that handset.

NOTE: If you want to ERASE any single message - as it is playing back, press * 4 (star-four) WHILE that message is playing back.

Please let me know if the message DO start playing back using that key sequence.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the handset plays

Very good!

Now TRY to ERASE AT LEAST ONE of the messages - while playing back - using the *4 key sequence.

This is a TEST of IF that function works.

Let me know if that works.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it erases

By the way, I have attached a "cheat sheet" - as an image - to ALL the "control keys" that can be used - when listening to the messages via a cordless handset.

Please click the LONG LINK below this note to see that image.

And if the *4 sequence worked to erase a message while playing, you may want to MAKE CERTAIN that you do not want to save ANY of the messages, and then use to appropriate sequence (see image), to erase ALL messages - with just one key sequence.

*** CAUTION *** once ANY message is erased, it can NOT be recovered. So be VERY CERTAIN that there are no messages you want to keep.

Please let me know that the "Message Full" has gone away, and that there is now space for receive NEW messages.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Phone call session started

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I see you requested a phone call for further help. If this was in error, you can ignore this. Otherwise let me know and I will attempt to call you again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The messages full on the hand set is gone but the play on the base does not respond and the number is ***** and not blinking

OK - the reduction in the number - from 39 to 38 - is because you erased one of the message using a handset.

As for the PLAY button - on the MAIN BASE not responding - that is a concern, and MAY just be that function is "stuck" for some unknown reason.

May I ask if you have REVIEWED ALL 39 (now 38) messages AND if there are ANY you want to SAVE (not erase)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have not reviwed them but I will one by one. I wonder should I buy another base and if I did do I have to stsrt allover again

You may NOT have to buy another base - UNLESS the speaker not playing AND the PLAY button not working is a "known issue" - that has been going on for some time.

Once you have reviewed ALL messages (some may be important), we can TRY a "reset" of the base - to see if proper operation can be restored. That assumes that there is no "known issue" with the base already.

Let me know if you would like to TRY the reset procedure - AFTER all messages have been reviewed.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It will tKe a few minutes ok?

OK - I have the procedure to do a RESET on most cordless system below.

*** CAUTION *** CAUTION *** CAUTION ***

Please BE CERTAIN that there are NO MESSAGES STORED in the system BEFORE using this procedure - BECAUSE it COULD ERASE ALL MESSAGES in the system.

Cordless system "reset" procedure. This is done by following the steps below.
============================
1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.
5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.
6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.
9) Test each handset for proper function.
10) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system functions, caller id, etc.).
============================

Please give these things a try - ONLY WHEN SAFE & READY - and let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I Hve erased Ll the messsges

OK - the system reset procedure is above.

If you would like to try it and let me know if it makes the PLAY button function, that would be a good TEST.

NOTE: MOST Panasonic systems Announce "No New Messages" - when the PLAY button on the MAIN BASE is pressed (assuming there are no new messages).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. Iwill follow the above
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The base shoes 0 but I hit play there is mo respons. However I will do the reset job tomorrpw. Thsnks Greg

You're quite welcome.

By the way, if you find that the base buttons still do NOT function after the reset And that you WANT to get a replacement BASE, I did a search (on Amazon) for that system and have linked to the results below.

Click Here for Search Results --> http://amzn.to/2G0yQGq

NOTE: I see a few "used" systems listed, but do not usually recommend such systems - because of the "unknown characteristic" of a used system.

Please let me know what happens - after the reset - or if you have any more questions about this phone system.

Take Care, Greg A.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks

You're welcome.

Have a great night, Greg A.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okk
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer