Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I am unable to unblock a phone number on my home phone model…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to unblock a phone number on my home phone model KX-TGEA20.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGEA20? What have you tried so far?

I TRIED FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON PAGE 46-47.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

NO THAT'S IT.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/15/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 month ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent is for a single cordless handset).

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ModelKX-TGE260

Hi again and thanks for that model.

To help with this I have attached an ENHANCED set of instructions - as an image - of how to ERASE a single number for the block list. Click the LONG LINK below this note to see that image.

I have also included the TEXT instructions below.

Here are the steps to UNBLOCK (erase) a single number from the block list.
0) pick up ANY handset - while the system is not in use (not on a call).
1) press MENU # 2 1 7 (pound-two-one-seven)
2) press the UP and DOWN arrows keys to display/highlight "block a single number"
2a) Press the SELECT soft key
3) press the UP and DOWN arrows keys to scroll through and find the desired entry (the number you want to unblock (erase)
4) Once the number is ***** press the ERASE soft key.
4a) Press the UP or DOWN arrows to highlight "Yes" (to confirm you want to erase the number).
4b) press the SELECT soft key
4c) Press the OFF button (to exit programming).

That should do it.

Please give that a try and let me know if you get stuck on a step or have any issues.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I press menu #217 and press arrows bot there is no”Block a single number” that appears.

What appears IMMEDIATELY after pressing the MENU, then # 2 1 7 sequence?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Phone book.

OK - please try again - start by pressing the OFF button a couple times - to get out of the menu.

Then press MENU followed by # 2 1 7 (pound-two-one-seven)

Let me know what you see then.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same thing

OK - are you pressing ANY OTHER KEYS - BEFORE PRESSING MENU?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

OK - please try again.

Press OFF button a couple times.

Press MENU, then the # key (pound key).

Tell me what you see on the display then.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please disregard and cancel my membership and refund $5.

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

That being said, please let me know what was seen after pressing ONLY the MENU and # (pound) key?

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer