Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have your 1580 series cordless phone & I've set up an

I have your 1580...

I have your 1580 series cordless phone & I've set up an outgoing message. On the base it's set to ON & it plays when I press the button on the base. I have it set to play after 4 rings if I don't answer, but the outgoing message doesn't play after 4 rings so someone can leave a message.
What have I missed doing?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Uniden

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Uniden system? What have you tried so far?

Since we moved & I had to re-connect & reset time, date & everything else.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

What I've already tried is stated in first chat sent.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
3/15/2018
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Who is your phone service provider?

What happens after 4 rings?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
AT&T
It just keeps ringing. The answering machine does not present my outgoing greeting making it possible for someone to leave a message.

ATT may have disabled local answer service for your line - you will need to check with them if they have voicemail activated, and get it disabled if they have their own voicemail service active on your line.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I do not subscribe to AT&T's answering system. I've always used the Uniden cordless phone for my outgoing greeting and to get voice messages left.

Suddenly it has stopped working.

Have you checked with ATT that they have not inadvertently activated voicemail on your line?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just checked with AT&T just prior to sending my response above & not they said I don't have voicemail activated.The thing is, my Uniden cordless phone & answering system was working fine for a period of time. Then I started having problems with my land line ringing multiple times a day and when I answered, there was no one on the other end. Their techs couldn't figure out the problem & suggested I buy & install a new cordless phone system to see if that would solve the problem. So I bought a new cordless phone system & hooked it up, but I still had the same problem with my land line ( ringing multiple times a day with no one there when I answered. So I returned the new set of cordles phones and went back to the cordless phone set that I had which WAS working fine. However when I hooked it back up again, reset time, date, & I THINK set all the other options I was supposed to, including setting up an outgoing message & on the base of the phone & turned the answer to ON. However, problem is: my outgoing message doesn't come on & answer the call if I'm not in the office to take the call. Did I forget a particular step to make that option work?

You have described all of the steps correctly.

See page 42 of the user manual:

pdfstream.manualsonline.com/3/3321e7b5-73cf-4a95-aba6-cfb360ef885a.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just read again page 42, but it addresses how to get my messages etc. but the problem is not that I don't get my messages, it's that I can't get them until you help me figure out why the answering machine part of the phone doesn't answer after the 4th ring - which is what I set it up to do.

If you have followed all of the steps correctly but it is not working correctly then the phone system has a fault.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Seems to me that it would be terribly coincidental that the phone would work fine until I unplugged it, then reinstalled it, but with having to re-set all the options. Don't you think the odds of that happening would be extremely rare?
What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I would reset it to its factory defaults, program it again, and if it still didn't work as expected then it is likely it has a hardware fault so I would either get it repaired under warranty or replace it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll set it back to factory default and start all over again, but at this point I'm not happy having been charged $35 for no resolution as I still don't know for a fact what the real problem is or the solution.
If the factory reset does not help then you can be sure that it has a hardware fault. The internal electronic components can fail over time without any warning.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please take me off your monthly repeating charges of $35 a month. I just wanted a one time answer to my question. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'd like for you to take me off your automatic $35 a month charges.
Will you do that for me please?

Yes you are off the monthly charges :)

Please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Thanks!
Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since you are credited for your time, will I still be charged the $35 for your trying to solve my issue though it was unresolved?

Your $35 has been paid to the website.

I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into accounts or billing.

Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When I called Just Answer's Customer Care phone number, a representative named Avery said he would contact another support agent to take a look at the previous web feed to see if he or she could resolve my problem.
However I've had no contact at all since yesterday.

I have no insight into customer service as I am user of this site just like you, you would need to contact them directly again.

Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK
Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, that's all for now.

Ok, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit to finish, or you can reply back at any time if you need further assistance :)

Thanks!
Pete.

Pete, Engineer
Pete, Engineer