Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I blocked a telemarketer on my Panasonic phone. Now it rings…

I blocked a telemarketer...

I blocked a telemarketer on my Panasonic phone. Now it rings once but they are calling 30 times or more a day. I went to the instruction book but cannot unblock their number.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

Hang on It's a KX model. I have to get the exact number

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

Here it is

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

KX-TGA470

3/14/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base (model sent is for a single cordless handset).
2) Do you want to continue to block this caller, unblock them OR have something else happen - such as not hearing any rings at all?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I blocked the number yesterday.

I understand.

Please review my questions and try to respond to each specific question - so we can look into this issue.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to hear any rings from the telemarketer. The phone has rung 3 times just during this conversation. Will unblocking the number work? The Panasonic Model # is KX-TGA470. I have AT&T
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you there?

Hi again,

As mentioned in my first note, the model sent (KX-TGA470) is for a single cordless handset. To know if we can turn off the first ring, I must know the model of the MAIN BASE.

Please try to find that model for me.

NOTE: The MAIN BASE is usually LARGER and the model will NOT have an "A" in it.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
PNLC1029.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is another # PNGT6446ZA and a sticker that says 3EBQA. No other numbers.

Did you see the image I sent? If not, please click the link below.

>> CLICK HERE TO SEE IMAGE <<

As shown in that image, the "format" of the MAIN BASE MODEL is generally KX-TGxxxx - where xxxx is a four digit number.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I looked at the link.

Let me ask if you can check the "instruction book" you mentioned using, - to see if there is a model number printed there - in big bold print on the front page.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hang on I went to the wrong base
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
KX-TG7741
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
in the meantime here, the phone rang 4 more times.......really annoying

OK - thanks for that model.

Let me check my notes to see if we can silence the first ring for blocked calls.

Back soon.

OK - I looked for the "command code" for turning off the first ring for this system type, but did NOT find it in my notes.

But we can still TEST to see if that feature is in the system.

To TEST for that code, please pick up any cordless handset and TRY the following:

1) Press MENU

2) Press # 1 7 3 (pound-one-seven-three).

Let me know what happens when you do that.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did that. Now we have to wait to see if it rings again. Just as I was about to enter the #173 it rang again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
far so good it may be a few minutes (or more) until they try again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you go on to other tasks, but leave our chat open, so I can see if it rings again in a longer time?

OK - can you tell me what was SEEN when entering that code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I didn't look at the screen then

OK - please try again and let me know EXACTLY what is seen (and/or heard) when you do that.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just did it again. There are two aterisks above each other, then the 173 (each underlined)

OK - was there a little "beep" when the last number was entered?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4 beeps
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No rings yet. I will be great if this works as I will continue to block telemarketers.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It

OK - that tells us that the #173 feature is NOT installed in this model system.

By the way, there would be the same response to ANY "unsupported" command code that may be entered.

So this particular system WILL ring ONE time - before any blocked number is ***** off.

We may now want to try to see if your service provider has a call blocking capability for your service package.

So may I ask if the AT&T phone service is part of a package - such as a "bundle" of their "U-verse" services?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also have U-verse
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
should I call AT&T? I guess the last resort would be to buy new phones with the #173 feature. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the phone has not rung again.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I spoke too soon. It just rang again.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking at the instruction booklet, I couldn't unblock the number. Perhaps if it's unblocked they would only call once (or at least less).

I was looking on the AT&T site, to see if there is a specific sequence that can be used, but that will depend on your current service package.

So yes, you will want to contact AT&T technical support and have them give you the SPECIFIC instructions for blocking calls - for your specific service package.

I have their main contact number below AND a link to an online "Chat" that MAY work for you.

AT&T Customer Support : 1(###) ###-####/strong>

Go through menu

http://www.att.com/contactus/index/homephone.html

Look for "Chat Available"

Please let me know what is found and IF they can guide you in using their call blocking feature - assuming you have that feature on your service.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you want to leave our conversation open while I call AT&T?

You can leave this question open as long as you wish, and I will not close it.

Please let me know what happens OR if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

NOTE: Rating my help will NOT close this question.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok I'll leave this open and get back to you after I talk with AT&T. I'll give you a good rating after we finish.

Very good.

What you will want to ask about specifically is:

- IF your service has "call blocking" capability AND

- If so, what are the STEPS to block certain numbers AND

- ANY OTHER LIMITS of their system - such as maximum numbers that can be blocked, will the calls "ring through", etc.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The AT&T instructions. Dial*60, option 3, then follow the prompts. You can enter up to 10 calls to block. The phone should not ring at all now. I entered the number I'm having trouble with.

I assume you TIED those steps - and entered the number you were trying to block - is that correct?

If so, now all there is to do is WAIT - to make sure that number does NOT get through.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did block the # with AT&T
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope it does not ring again. Now it's a waiting game.

If it is like the previous MULTIPLE calls, I would assume that if you don't hear any other calls from that number for the next hour or so, you should be all set.

Please let me know what happens or if you have any more questions about this issue.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. Will give you 5 Stars.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have 5 stars. Should I leave this open for an hour or so to let you know if the phone doesn't ring?

Thanks for the stars :).

And if you want to, you can leave the question open.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. I'll let you know in an hour or more.

Take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No rings so I think it's ok

Very good.

Let me know if you have any similar issues in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer