Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My Panasonic answer machine doesn't take messages or even…

My Panasonic answer machine...

My Panasonic answer machine doesn't take messages or even gives a message

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic product do you have?

Panasonic phone unit - there are three of them, all connected to an answer machine

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

Where do I find the model number?

Technician's Assistant: The Cell Phone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

I have phoned Telstra (from whom we bought the machine, Westfield, Chatswood. They don't even have a record of my phone number. I subsequently phoned Iprimus, who told me to phone the manufacturer. So, here I am--

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

HELP!!!

3/14/2018
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; an independent site with members providing product information, repair tips and technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.
My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...Panasonic answer machine..."
I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Panasonic answer machine..." normally on a sticker or name plate at the bottom of the machine.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Louie, Technician
KX-TG 7621AZ
My phone number is ***** Australian number - 61.2.9411.2075I dont know what you have to put in front to get to Australia
Phone call session started

Premium Service / Phone Call only works with US numbers. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) and even if just for test purposes:

• • ensure that the base unit's ANSWER ON/OFF button is engaged;
  • • and that the indicator is lighted up;
  • • attempt to call your landline /home number and determine/note the message heard.
I have tried, using my mobile, to phone my home number - it just rings and rings - there is no answer
my phone number is *****

Appreciate the update.

And as posted above:

Help! All I want is for my answer machine to give an answer, and to take a message!

Does the Panasonic ring too when you called your home number?

As posted above:

• • and that the indicator is lighted up.
IT LIGHTS UP WHEN I PUT A UNIT IN. It does not answer. There is no message.
Where is the on/off button? There does not seem to be one ion the unit

The ANSWER ON/OFF button would be at the top right of the control panel at the main/base unit....not at the handset's cradle.

Thanks I hope that it now works
How do I change the message?

How do I change the message?

Using a handset, press MENU # 3 0 2.

Select YES.

Record your new message.

Press STOP.

Press OFF.

We have received a call, but there is no answer but it doesn't seem to cut off. What do I do?
The machine is STILL not working.HELP!!!

Perhaps the personalized / recorded greeting was not saved.

Please click HERE for the Operating Instructions / Owner's Manual.

Particular interest would be p. 59 on operating the answering machine.

The manual is in a Portable Document Format (PDF) file and can be viewed in most web browser. Right click on the link to "Save as", click on the link to open the file and/or click on the "Download" button to download the file. It would require Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent for this purpose.

I went to page 58 - entered the code X302 but the word YES did not appearHELP!!!

With the handset not-in-use, press MENU first before keying in # 3 0 2.

Don't have a "MENU" on my machine!!! - Do have one on my handset.

Yes please, use the handset.

I tried using the handset - it is STILL not working

Sorry to hear of this.

Please try pressing OFF first on the handset before the MENU # 3 0 2.

Use ▲/▼ to highlight Yes, then press SELECT.

Start recording after a beep is heard.

When done, press STOP and then OFF.

Thanks for your help - please note- I do NOT wish to be a member of the organisation - please do NOT debit my credit card with any more moneyR G Lampert