Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a 3 handset cordless phone and recently changed phone…

Customer Question
I have a 3...

I have a 3 handset cordless phone and recently changed phone companies. In the transition,I asked tohave the voice mail feature diconnected as I prefer using the panasonic answering machine. Since that time, I have had a message on my hadset screen saying that there was a voicemailmessage from the phone company and the message alert light has been flashing. I checked the panasonic manual to turn it off, but the procedure they describe doesn't match available cues on the phone. I also called the phone company and they tried to turn it off, but found that the issue has to do with my phone itdelf.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

My phone is model KX-TG5433

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG5433? What have you tried so far?

It has now been about 3 weeks and my message above describes what I have tried -

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just trying to get the light to go off and the message to clear on the handset.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/13/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you VERIFY that the manual you are looking at MATCHES the Model Number of the phone system you are working with? (model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base).
2) What EXACT STEPS were tried to clear this message?
3) What CURRENT landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks