Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic KX_TG785 phone set for my home which is…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic KX_TG785 phone set for my home which is serviced by AT&T. Help me with set up on voice mail.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX TG785? What have you tried so far?

When I first installed the phones I had voice mail for about 2 wks.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/12/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your phone voicemail setup question.
I need to ask for a bit more specific information about your question, please:

- Are you trying to set up the Voicemail that AT&T provides with AT&T service? or are you trying to set up the messaging or answering recording that your Panasonic phone offers in itself? let me know in Reply, and I will instruct you on either process - or both, if you wish.

To set up AT&T Voicemail, you call your own number... and wait for it to pick up the voicemail and prompt you to set up your voicemail box for the first time.

To set up your Panasonic phone's own built-in voicemail or message-taking facility, you just have to enable voice messaging on the phone. That's usually a very simple process, pressing the Messages button, or the like. Also, you have to record your own greeting message, if you don't want the greeting message to be generic.

(To tell which voicemail you are setting up, call the number the Panasonic phone is on. The message that greets you should tell you, if it is AT&T (or perhaps Verizon) voicemail... if there is no mention of either one, then it is your Panasonic phone's messaging that has answered.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.