Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a panasonic phone with satelite KX-TG5632. For the…

I have a panasonic...

I have a panasonic phone with satelite KX-TG5632. For the last month it has cut off after 30-40 minute conversations. Today it does not function at all - no dial tone, nothing. Other landline extensions are functioning fine. Anything I can check? Do I need to buy a similar unit? Any suggestions PLEASE.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

KX-TG5632, 5.8GHz digital Gigarange with answering service and a satelite unit

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

I checked all the wiring and the power. This is the first time that the phone seems totally dead as is the satelite but the other phones in our house are working fine. The unit is about 10-12 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Thanks, ***** ***** cover it.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) When you say "totally dead", does that mean that the handset(s) will not even "light up" the display when used?
2) Have the batteries in these handsets EVER been replaced with new batteries, and if so WHEN was the last time that was done?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Thanks. Yes the base unit has no lights. I checked the wiring and the fuse box. Only the 2 hand units have batteries, but they should not completely fail at the same time. They have no lights on perhaps because they received no charge from the base for > 16 hours by now.
What can I do now?
Please continue advice by text

Hi again,

Are you saying that BOTH HANDSET have not been charged - for greater than 16 hours?

And do they NOT show anything on their displays?

If so, please put them on their respective charger and let me know if ANYTHING appears on the display - after about 5-10 minutes.

Thanks

They both have been on their chargers but they are not being charged because of the failure of the base that we discovered late last night. There are no lights anywhere at base or phones, but the landlines function well

Was that a POWER FAILURE that happened overnight?

And do you have a SEPARATE "charger" that the other handset is placed in?

We had no power outage. The second hand set is fully charged but has no dial tone. a message says: no link to base

OK - can you take the currently charged handset and place it ON the MAIN BASE, and let me know if ANYTHING appears on the display of that handset?

Also, can you also put the handset that WAS on the base, and put it in the CHARGER for the other handset?

Let me know what appears on EACH handset.

Thanks

Good idea. One the base, when I push Talk the screen lights up but the message is the same: no link to base

OK - does the MAIN BASE currently have POWER connected to it? You can TEST this by pressing the ANSWER ON button - to see if the indicator turns ON or OFF with each push of that button.

I tested again; no power

OK - if you can, please find the AC adapter for the BASE, and check that it is connected to a WORKING AC outlet and the connector at the base itself.

Also FEEL the AC adapter, to see if it is WARM, HOT, etc.

I found the problem: it seems a mouse had eaten into the wire between power adapter and phone.
Thanks

You're quite welcome.
Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer