Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have call block on our Panasonic phone, but the phone…

We have call block...

We have call block on our Panasonic phone, but the phone block fills up. How do we empty the call block area or expand it.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

KX-TGA645

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

A641, sorry

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Model is: kx-tga641 not 645

3/10/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model sent is for a single cordless handset).
2) How many TOTAL numbers do you want to be able to expand to?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Model: KX-TGA641
50
ATT

Hi again,

As mentioned in my first note, the model sent is for a single cordless handset.

Please find the LARGER MAIN BASE and let me know that model.

NOTE: that model should not have an "A" in it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
KX-TG6411 Main Base

Thanks for that.

Let me check the capabilities of that system.

Back soon.

OK - I checked the total numbers that the KX-TG6411 system can block and it is a total of 30 numbers.

I also checked to see if there were steps to remove ALL blocked numbers at once, and did not find those steps available.

BUT I do have the steps for removing blocked numbers - on at a time - and have them below in TEXT format.

I have also attach an image of the instructions (click the long link below this note).

To find and delete number(s) from the list, please do the following, using a cordless handsets while not on a call.
1) Pick up the handset and press MENU button, then # 2 1 7 (pound-two-one-seven)
2) Press the UP/DOWN arrows keys - to scroll through the "list" of blocked number UNTIL you highlight the number you want to delete.
3) Press the ERASE soft key (button below the word ERASE of the display).
3a) Press the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight "Yes".
3b) Press the SELECT soft key.
3c) Press the OFF button (to exit programming)
============================

Please give these steps a try and let me know your results.

And as for MORE than 30 numbers, I can recommend a newer system that will allow blocking of more numbers (typically 250) OR a stand-alone DEVICE that can block thousands of numbers, some of which are pre-programmed.

Let me know if you need any specific recommendations for such a device or system.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I could "erase" numbers. I will see how that works. I think the robo callers and mass callers have learned our age and are inundating us with senior citizen market calls. Our grandchildren suggest we ditch the land line, but too many of our old friends have the number. Thanks, again.

I can understand all these calls coming in - as I get a LOT of them too (I'm just on a "boundary age" for being a "senior") and I too still have a landline number that has been in place for 30+ years.

So let me send you a link to some search results I got - from Amazon - that show a few different "Call blocker" DEVICES - that can be attached to ANY landline service.

Call Blocker for Landline search results
Click Here --> http://amzn.to/2bKpxLQ

You MAY want to consider one of these devices to give you LOTS of blocking capability.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer