Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

It is my vtech phone. It is not working. DS6520-22, Today. I…

Customer Question
It is my vtech...

It is my vtech phone. It is not working.

Technician's Assistant: What VTech model do you have?

DS6520-22

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your VTech phone? What have you tried so far?

Today. I have called Comcast and they told me that the problem is with the phone and not Comcast.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Comcast called the phone and it rang and I answered it but there is no dialing tone and I cannot make a call on it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?

The two phones are not working. We do not use the fax.

Do you have any other phones there which are not part of the vtech system?

If you cannot call me then please do not charge my card for a phone call for $26 dollars. My phone is still not working. I get text messages on my cell phone(###) ###-####that make no sense to me. Please answer. Thanks
No answer from you yet. Please answer. Thanks
Please answer my message. PLEASE

I cannot provide you with an answer, until you respond with the specific details I've requested above, twice.

Question 1)
Yes. I have two head sets and both have the same problem. They do not work.
Question 2) I have a fax under the same system but have never used it. There are no other phones, etc. under the same system.

Thank you,

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

I do not have any other land line phones that are not part of the V-tech system. I have a cell phone and the number is(###) ###-####

I understand,

I sent a reply a few minutes ago, above.