Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Do not know how to operate the phone... vtech model

Do not know how...

Do not know how to operate the phone...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Vtech model ds6722-3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DS6722-3? What have you tried so far?

It is a new phone and i have misplaced the instructions

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I have installed the base and the two extensions...it reads no power at base... & out of range...... these are new batteries that have been charging for a week.

incoming calls can be heard,,,,the phone will ring and go to voice mail, however, we cannot answer on any of the two extensions nor from the base.
hello... anyone there??
3/10/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) When you say "installed the base", may I ask WHERE it was installed (connected) and what exactly was/is connected (phone cord, AC adapter, etc.)?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the NEW system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

The phone is connected to the said phone line as the former phone....
Spectrum service ( Formerly Time Warner)
There are no other phones...
There is a Printer/Fax/ Copier machine attached to the said phone line...

OK - is the FORMER PHONE still available - and if so, can it be reconnected - to TEST that the phone service is still working (calls OUT and IN can be made SUCCESSFULLY)?

Also, tell me about the "out of range" and "no power" notes: Are you seeing them on ALL handset displays?

The former phone was working properly. However that was thrown out.
The messages " out of range" and " no power at base" can be seen on all three phones.

OK - so the FIRST issue to address is the NO POWER AT BASE.

That typically means that the AC adapter for the MAIN BASE is not connected - to either the MAIN BASE or the AC outlet in the wall.

So can you CHECK that for me - at both ends?

You should also be able to disconnect the AC adapter from the outlet, leave it out for about 10 seconds or so, and then plug it in again and SEE the indicators on the BASE light up briefly - as the base powers up.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

ok

I will await your results. ....

There was always power at the base..I have unplugged and plugged again.
There is power at the base.

OK - to CONFIRM that is power at the base, can you please tap the ANS ON button a couple of times - to CONFIRM that the indicator turns ON and OFF?

Thanks

that function works...... the voice answering works (call will be answered when it is on,.) calls will not be answered when it is of.
The indicator light works ON and Off... thanks

OK - since the base DOES have power AND the answering system works - when turned on - the next thing to consider is that the HANDSETS have not been "registered" to the MAIN BASE - OR - that they have "lost" their registration with the base.

So may I ask when and where this system was purchased and IF this system has ever worked in the past?

It is a new system just purchased a week ago..
Purchased from COSTCO..
I believe that the handsets have lost their registration with the base..... since that is one of the messages on the handset...

OK - and have ANY of the handsets EVER functions properly - and NOT displayed the "out of range" note?

I only ask because these systems are SUPPOSED to have ALL handsets "pre-registered" to the base.

None worked...the messages are on all three handsets..
it appears as though this system has not passed their inspection...

OK - if that is the case, what I would really recommend is returning the entire system to the seller (Costco) and either getting a working Vtech system OR a system of another brand.

I say this because I have personally worked with MANY different brands of phone systems of this type, and Vtech systems .... how can I put this nicely ... do NOT rank high on MY list of preferred phone systems.

My personal preference is for Panasonic and Uniden brands - as number 1 and 2 on my list.

I hope this information has helped. Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue or choice of system type.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Thank you for your recommendation.....wil lseek an exchange or refundThanks again...

You're quite welcome.

And as an "alternate source" - with much greater selection to choose from (I'm a Costco shopper too and know how "limited" phone system selections can be) - let me recommend at least CHECKING on Amazon - to see what they have and the cost of a similar system.

As a reference, I did a search for a 3 handset Panasonic system and have linked to the results below.

Panasonic cordless phone 3 handsets (search results)
http://amzn.to/1FBBvi8

Please let me know if you have any more questions about these systems in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.