Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do I get call waiting off of my panasonic phone?

HI, how do I...

HI, how do I get call waiting off of my panasonic phone?

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

Kx-tge430

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T, and call waiting is back on my phone.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to cancel my membership as soon as this issue is resolved. Keep the $5
3/10/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

To be clear, this help is not $5. You are not obligated to a membership, but you are paying the full agreed upon fee for this chat, which you agreed to on the payment page. The 5 was just to post your question, not the total.

Are you wanting to know how to use the call waiting feature to answer an incoming call? Or do you not want call waiting at all and just want to get rid of that feature?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to get rid of call waiting for the future.

Thank you for confirming,

this actually has nothing to do with the panasonic, as it is not a feature of the phone itself. You'd have the same issue regardless of the brand or model of phones that you used.
Rather call waiting is a service provided by your telephone carrier / service provider. So you will need to call up ATT, and ask them to disable the call waiting feature from your account. Once they complete that, your line will go back to working as it did before.

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** They can't. I'm stuck, but I appreciate your expertise in this matter.

They should have that ability, they control the system.

Can you tell me what about the call waiting is bothersome to you? There may be another option that could help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't like being interrupted while talking to another. (Feel it's rude, and I have a hard time managing it). I prefer talking on my home phone because of that reason. I have a cell phone that has call waiting. My family gets in touth with me via the cell phone.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for your time. I don't want to spend any more money on this issue. I agree. They should be able to change it. I will call AT&T, again, and see if another operator can assist me.

Thank you, ***** ***** assume you are referring to the beeps then that come through when someone calls.
That unfortunately can't be managed without turning it off entirely, via att.

There is a feature to temporarily disable it, if you pick up the line, wait for the dial tone, then dial *70, then the number you are calling. This will temporarily disable it for just that one call. So it can be done this way, but that could become an annoyance as well, and of course only works for outgoing calls.

Best regards,

Nathan, Technician
Nathan, Technician