Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Message says out of range and no power at base. No but

Customer Question
Message says out of...

Message says out of range and no power at base

Technician's Assistant: Do all the handsets for your system show the same message?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a full system reset? The Phone Expert can walk you through the various steps.

No but willing to try

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 1 month ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, how many have this message displayed?
3) WHEN was this issue first noticed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
model cs6919-2 we have 2 hand sets but only one has this message It just happened in the past hour.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is causing this?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please reply via computer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want a live phone call.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay ... it sometimes takes a minute or more for me to see your response.

May I ask the AGE of this system and if the handset that is displaying this message is the REMOTE handset?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
one year old not the remote

Hi again,

Sorry I got disconnected from the system here.

OK - the first thing I would try for this issue is to "reset" the system, using the following process.

Cordless system "reset" procedure. This is done by following the steps below.
============================
1) Remove the batteries from ALL handsets in the system.
2) Remove the phone cord from the main base unit AND the phone jack in the wall.
3) Remove the AC power adapter plug from the main base unit AND remove the AC adapter from the power outlet.
4) WAIT 15 minutes. This allows any "stuck" conditions in the components to clear.
5) Reconnect the batteries in all handsets.
6) Reconnect the phone cord between the main base and the phone jack in the wall.
7) Reconnect the AC power adapter plug in the main base unit and then plug the AC adapter into the wall power outlet.
8) Wait 30-60 seconds for the system to reinitialize.
9) Test each handset for proper function.
10) Test each function of the main base unit (answering system, caller id, etc.).
============================

Please give these things a try and let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer