Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a cordless phone, connected to my landline, it has 3…

Customer Question
I have a cordless phone...
I have a cordless phone, connected to my landline, it has 3 sets. Now after all this time having these with no problems, it is coming with a message, "Supplying power to the base do not pick up the phone, and it takes around 7 hrs. to charge (is there a battery or something in the base, which is the answering machine for the phone?)
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/9/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.
2) Is this message appearing on ALL cordless handsets OR just the one that is sitting in the main base?
3) When was this issue first noticed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

1- Model No. KX-TGE230, POWER SOURCE 5.5.v 500 mA
2- the message is only in the base phone (the other 2 states 'fully charged')
3- this happened 2 weeks ago, and it took 7 hs. to charge the base, then it took place yesterday, and today once again.
Sorry: I do not have a cell, so I will go to Best Buy , bring it, and they should be able to help me, txs. anyway. Marina.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

The KX-TGE230 series of phones has a "Power back-up" mode - where the handset that sits in the MAIN BASE will supply power to the base - WHEN there is power missing from the power adapter.

So please CHECK the AC power adapter that is connected to the MAIN BASE - and make sure that the connection AT the base AND the AC outlet are tight and firm.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks, ***** *****