Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a hand held land line. The receiver says "Ringer

I have a hand...

I have a hand held land line. The receiver says "Ringer Off." Hpw do I get the Ringer On. Model # is KX-TG4021. Thanks, arianne

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Model # is KX-TG4021.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG4021? What have you tried so far?

Pressed every button. went to menu and found you.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything.

3/8/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

I have two. But the 2nd one, that does ring is misplaced...and dead, still looking for it. I think I just need the setting to chang.

OK - very good.

Let me send you an IMAGE of the steps to set (program) the Ringer volume of each handset. Click the LONG LINK below this note to see that image.

If you have any trouble interpreting the steps, I have the TEXT instructions below.

How to adjust the Ringer Volume of EACH handset:

Using EACH of the cordless handsets that needs to be adjusted, do the following steps:

1) Press the MENU button

2) Use the UP or DOWN arrows to see "Initial setting", then press the OK button

3a) Use the UP or DOWN arrows to see "Ringer settings", then press the OK button.

3b) Use the UP or DOWN arrows to see "Ringer volume", then press the OK button.

4a) Use the UP or DOWN arrows to adjust the ringer volume to the level desired.
NOTE: you should HEAR the different levels when using UP/DOWN.
4b) Press the OK button.
4c) Press the OFF button (to exit programming).

Please let me know if that works for you.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Thanks so much! Any ideas on how to find my other handset...LOL

You're quite welcome.

If the other handset has been lost for some time and the batteries are dead, then about the only choice is the old fashion "physical search" method.

But if you think the batteries are still good in the lost handset, pressing the LOCATOR button on the MAIN BASE should "page" all handsets that are still linked to the base. If you want to silence the currently working handset - to make hearing the lost handset easier, simply removed the batteries while pressing the LOCATOR button and searching for the paging tone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this system.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer