Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

House cordless phone will not allow outside call if not a…

Customer Question
House cordless phone will...

House cordless phone will not allow outside call if not a stored number

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

KX-TGA641 panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

Today only when I type in an outside number my menu stored number starting with the B number comers up

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/8/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does this happen with all numbers, or does it seem isolated to local or long distance numbers?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all numbers

Thanks,

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
base model KX_TGA6441 3 phones on verizon

That is still the handset model, not the base.

Are there any other phones there, not part of the panasonic cordless system, such as a regular corded phone, wall phone, kitchen phone, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
base number KX-TG6441

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

Okay that makes this type of issue more difficult to diagnose,

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did not change anything

Do you have verizon fios service?

Please unplug power to your verizon modem/gateway for at least 5 minutes

replug, wait 5 more, then test the phones again

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
His answer did not solve the problem so I quit this site

I provided some initial steps and asked that you respond back.

This is a conversation and requires some back and forth. You paid for the service either way, if you want to drop it that is fine, but I'd like to help you for the fee you've already paid, if you need more help.

Nathan, Technician