Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do I unlink my desk phone from my cell phone. It has…

How do I unlink...

How do I unlink my desk phone from my cell phone. It has linked up and all my land line phone calls to my home go straight to my cell phone

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

KX-TGE260

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

24-48 hours. info in operating instructions is not clear and I can't figure out where to start. Went o base and found listing for Cell 1 and Cell 2 but don't know how to make it function.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just don't want to have my cell phone take all my landline calls after one ring. Need to unlink the two systems. Thanks

3/7/2018
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Take a panasonic handset and key in Menu#6111

if prompted up/down to highlight Yes to confirm, then Save, then Off.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

It goes to back and asks me to enter again. Seems like it only wants 3 numbers

Try doing just menu #611

then if prompted use the arrow buttons to choose cell 1

The funny thing it that it does not indicate in the base that a cell phone is connect.

Lets go back a step,

are you saying that when someone calls your home number, it rings on the cell?
Or when someone calls the cell, the panasonics ring?

When someone calls my house it rings once on the house phone then moves over to my cell phone

Okay that is something entirely different then, that isn't link2cell. That works the other way, where you can answer cell calls on the home line.

Who provides your home phone service?

Talk America

Okay try picking up the line (get a dial tone) on the panasonic, then dial *73

then let me know if calls work properly after that

Okay that worked. Thanks. How did that happen in the first place? Would like to know so I can fix it on my own next.

Great! The issue here is that you had call forwarding turned on. that is a phone co feature, it actually has nothing to do with the panasonic. Someone had to turn on call forwarding at some point (dial *72, then the cell phone/forwarding number).

Neither of us did that. We’ve had a number of power surges her in the last 48 hours. Could that have done it somehow?

It is unlikely, but I suppose its possible. Also possible the phone co did it at some point,

or even that someone accidentally hit the *72 by chance before trying to call the cell number and just didn't realize this happened as a result

Is bet the latter is the answer

That is what I would think

Okay, how does this work? What will be my total charge for your assistance

I can't see that info as we're all independent techs here. The fee is the amount that was shown on the payment page.

You can confirm that when we're done by going to the account link at the top of the page.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician