Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

O hit the flash button and now we cannot dial out, nor can…

Customer Question
O hit the flash...

O hit the flash button and now we cannot dial out, nor can we get our voicemail messages.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic KX-TGD390

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TGD390? What have you tried so far?

It happened yesterday afternoon approx. 5:00 pm. I have taken all the batteries out and unplugged the phone from the wall as well as the power connection. Put everthing back and still nada

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you able to still receive incoming calls?
Do you have any other phones there (not part of the panasonic system) and if so are they working properly?

I believe we can receive calls but I am not sure. These are the only phones we have. There are three phones.
we cannot receive calls

Thank you for checking,

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

That was totally useless. I guess I'll have to go out and buy some other brand. Maybe Vtech will work better. I get fed up with paying for crap.
you guys were NO help at all cause I had already tried what you suggested. A waste of $5.00. What a rip off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another phone will not necessarily make any difference. I work with all brands, and can tell you objectively that you would be disappointed with any vtech product.

You did mention unplugging, but this is a specific process with specific timing requirements. If you did not follow this exact process, please at least try it.

The fee you paid also was not $5, that was only to post the question. You paid the total, which was displayed and you had to specifically click to agree to, on the payment page.

Who provides your home phone service?

I did NOT agree to pay anything but the $5.00. I left the phone unplugged for over two hours and it didn't help.

The fees were all disclosed on the payment page, you would not have been able to get to this point without agreeing there.

You may visit the account page to review that information.

If you'd like to continue, under the fees you've already paid, please provide the requested information.

I am cancelling membership.