Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

When answering phone about 3 out of 4 times the ringing

When answering phone about...

When answering phone about 3 out of 4 times the ringing party can not hear me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

AT&T do not know model

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone? What have you tried so far?

Ever since I replaced one of the three receivers about a year ago. I have not tried anything.

3/7/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with a letter or two, and then a few numbers).
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Does this happen for BOTH OUTGOING and INCOMING calls?

4) Does this happen with ALL "receivers" you mentioned?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

1) AT&T Model No. CRL2312 DECT 6.0 cordless telephone.
2) Verizon
3) Just incoming calls.
4) Yes, all receivers.
no phone call

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Sorry for any delayed response.

May I ask if the phone service (from Verizon) is "digital" and part of a "bundle" - such as the FIOS - where there is a MAIN BOX (sometimes called a "modem") in your location where the services come into your home?

Also, do you have a DIFFERENT "basic corded phone" that can be connected to the phone line - to TEST if this happens with a different phone (instrument)?

Thanks

(im)

No modem. No corded phone.

Hi again and thanks for coming back with that information.

OK - since you don't have another phone that can be connected to the line - to TEST - may I ask if there is a friend or neighbor (close by) where the AT&T system could be taken - to TEST it there for these same symptoms?

NOTE: This is just a different way to TEST if this is a PHONE (instrument) issue or a SERVICE issue.

Please let me know.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

No friends or neighbors close by. We live in the country.

OK - since there is no other phone available to TEST with, we are left with a short list of possible causes, which are:

1) There is a problem with the MAIN BASE of the AT&T cordless system (because ALL cordless handsets have this issue).

2) There is a problem with the SERVICE PROVIDER'S equipment or services.

I actually SUSPECT this is the provider's equipment/services because it only happens for incoming calls.

So if you have ANY of the service provider's equipment in or around your home, that equipment may be able to be "reset/rebooted" - by removing any power going to it for a few minutes, then restoring that power.

Otherwise, I would recommend contacting the service provider's "technical support" group (usually available 24/7) to have them look into the issue.

Please let me know what is found or if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer