Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic 6.0 telephone system - model # KX-TG4741.

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic 6.0 telephone system - model # KX-TG4741. I started having problems with the phone not recording messages or showing caller ID. I know my providers caller ID service is working because it shows up on my tv. I unplugged my phone but when I plug it back in, there is no dial tone. The phone rings but when I answer, there's no connection. Please help!! It was working fine a couple days ago. I may have hit something on the base unit as I cleaned it with a soft cloth. Can you help me??

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?

I'm not sure where that's indicated. My phone is a direct plug in line.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes nut not my tv

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

This is not a smartphone though.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Decline any other offers. I have my phone service thru Comcast and have the base unit plus two other handsets that are experiencing the same issues. There is another phone that is not a Panasonic that seems to be working ok

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Can you tell me a little bit more about the "other phone" - that seems to be working?

For example, is it a corded phone AND does it have Caller ID display capabilities - which IS working?

Also, WHERE is the phone cord from the other phone connected - as compared to the Panasonic base unit's phone cord?

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

I sent a message at the end of last week. The resolution did not involve the equipment. Please discontinue with any further resolutions. I’ve clicked where I do not want to pay anything further. There is no further issue to resolve

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)