Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I bought a Panasonic lin2cell cordless telephone with

Customer Question
I bought a Panasonic...

I bought a Panasonic lin2cell cordless telephone with answering machine. I pressed the call block button when I received an ad call. Afterwards I got a message on the phone stating that I had a "voicemail msg via phone co." Called company and they gave me a 4 digit code to enter. Code did not do anything. Message still remains on phone. Theoreticallly I have a call blocking available on phone company, but I don't use it due to it being involved. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Able to use the phone to call. But message occupies the phone continuosly.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

As I just got the phone system, I don't have much info on it. If they can get me a reset, that would be great. I still would like to know how to interface Panasonic call blocking with my phone company as it is much easier to use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

That ought to do it. Thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/7/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 5 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.
If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:
1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).
2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
3) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SPEAKER) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)