rwhill1
rwhill1, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have put my contacts into my panasonic cordless phone but

Customer Question

I have put my contacts into my panasonic cordless phone but their names are ***** ***** when they ring, why
JA: What Panasonic system do you have?
Customer: KX-TGD323
JA: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has never shown me who is calling and I have had the phone for approx 3 months
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not talking about provider ID but phone ID
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  rwhill1 replied 8 months ago.

It will only be able to match the incoming caller number to entries in your phonebook if you have Caller ID setup with your provider as otherwise the phone doesn't receive any details of who is calling.

If you do have the Caller ID setup, then you do need to ensure that the names fit on 1 line of text on the display.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Expert:  rwhill1 replied 8 months ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich