Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a cordless Panasonic KXTG410K. it is a talking phone…

Customer Question
I have a cordless...

I have a cordless Panasonic KXTG410K. it is a talking phone and until two days ago, I would hear the name (also displayed) and the number but now only the number is ***** and voiced. Is there something I can do.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KXTG410K? What have you tried so far?

I just wrote two days ago it was working and I have tried nothing because I woudn't know what to try.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you find that this happens from everyone that calls you, or just some people?

No, nothing specific. Just stopped working two days ago.

So it seems to happen equally with all calls?

I do not want to pay $35 to join. Just want to know what to do. I have explained the talking answering system is not working correctly.
all calls and that is what I stated, starting two days ago.
Just don't put my Visa payment through and please forget it. This is too complicated.

I'm not asking you to.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response here.

If it is neither displaying the name, nor announcing it audibly, that is most likely a service issue rather than a hardware issue.

Do you have any other phones there, not part of the panasonic system?

What do you mean by $5 plus balance?
I have a corded phone not set up with voice talking.

You paid $5 to post your question.

You were also shown the balance (total) of this help, and clicked to agree to it, on the payment page. You were charged that full amount when you began speaking with me.

Does the corded phone have a caller id display on it?

If so, does it show the name and number both still (assuming it did so previously)?

Cordless phonet is stating the number but not the name on call display. Which is what I wrote in the beginning. The corded phone display shows the number only. I didnot get a payment receipt.

I am not asking anything else about the cordless phone at this point. I have that information from earlier.

I need to get some other specific details from you about the overall problem and other devices so that I can properly diagnose and address the issue.

Did the corded phone previously ever show names?

You may click on the account link at the top of the page to view your account and payment history.

no the cordless phone only displays the phone number no name

I understand that.

I'm asking if the corded phone ever previously showed the name, or if it was only ever capable (single line display screen) of giving just the number only.

I did answer that question. Corded - only ever displayed the number. If this is my server, I will get in touch with them. Just checked the last time a name and number on display showed was March 3rd.

Based on the info you've provided, this is most likely to be a service issue,

either they may have changed/degraded your plan/service (your personal account) inadvertently, or they may have changed the service they provide overall (to everyone).

So long as they supply the name information, the panasonic should display it. There is no other setting or adjustment that would cause it to not show.

So I would call the phone co as your next step, they should be able to reset your account remotely, and then you can try again at that point and see how it works.

if you happen to get your phone service through your cable/internet company, you can also try to unplug power to your modem for at least 5 minutes to reset it, and see if that helps.

If no change from either of those, get back in touch with me and we can discuss further options.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Technician