Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Howdy! I have a VTech Model CS6629 phone system with VOIP -

Customer Question
Howdy! I have a...

Howdy! I have a VTech Model CS6629 phone system with VOIP - Sprint. What call blocker will work with this phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your CS6629? What have you tried so far?

First time I set it up. Yesterday

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
3/6/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your phone question.

If your Sprint VoIP service includes Caller ID, you can block calls, using the phone's own Block Calls list. If it doesn't, you can't, because you cannot do anything but screen the call by answering the call and hearing who it is.

The Call Block list on this phone can have up to 20 numbers entered into it.

And you can activate a feature whereby all calls marked Private and all calls identified as Unknown will be blocked, also.

This manual page shows how to add a number to the Call Block list - it's rather an elaborate procedure:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/710058/Vtech-Ds6621.html?page=54#manual

and though that manual is for a slightly different model #, it should be a good guide to the procedure.

The procedure begins by pressing MENU when phone is idle, choosing Call Block pressing SELECT, then choosing Block List and pressing SELECT, and so forth.

Let me know how that goes, and if you need further information.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)