Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I can't get my caller ID, when phone rings it shows Incoming…

Hi, I can't get...

Hi, I can't get my caller ID, when phone rings it shows Incoming call & that's all. I'm in one room away from main phone & can't get to it,I will give you the model #, etc Do you have a phone number I can call from my cell phone to speak to you?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Don't have OS only model & S/N -- model shows (2) # 1 is KX-TG6641 - 2nd isKX-TG-6648 ; S/N 2GCXA185951, does this help

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Tried to have Comcast (I have them dfor phone, computer & TV, but they said they al OK, on the cell when I get IncomingCall it shows a bell with line thru, & no ID call #

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything except help

3/5/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with troubleshooting this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones or service.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Does this happen for ALL CALLS coming in (assuming you have had more than one call)?
2) WHEN was this issue first noticed?
3) Do you have the "feature" from the provider - where the Caller ID appears on the TV - when the calls come in?
4) Do you have ANY other "Caller ID" phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly (showing the Caller ID for incoming calls)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does happen with all incoming calls on all the 4 wireless phones in this set, it started as far as I can tell today and yes I do have ID on TV from Comcast . I have no other phone lines only this one.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you can walk me thru the trouble shoot and I can print it that would help

OK - when you say "I do have ID on TV", does that mean that you have that feature AND that the Caller ID DOES appear on the TV for the CURRENT incoming calls?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do have Caller ID appearing on the TV for current INCOMING CALLS
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you help me now

OK - very good.

Can I safely assume that you have a "main box" - from Comcast - where ALL of the services come into your location? NOTE: These boxes are often referred to as a "modem", and have several cables or cords attached to the back, and some lights (indicators) on the front.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do have a Modem but no trouble with it - it was checked by a Tech from Comcast yesterday and is OK
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That was yesterday and I was getting Incoming caller ID on the phone as well as the TV. now only on the TV

Very good.

May I ask of the Comcast Tech TRIED anything at all - to correct this issue OR any OTHER issue?

I only ask because that modem is WHERE the Caller ID is received and then "distributed" to the different systems (TV & phone).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Comcast Tech checked all and as I said everything was working till today when I didn't get Incoming Caller ID on the phone only
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could it be that this phone set is old or out of working order?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think I would get faster answer if we spoke on the phone?

Hi again,

I highly doubt that this is a phone system issue - UNLESS something else happened between now and the last time it worked (yesterday).

That something else would be something like an electrical storm or power surge.

So did anything like that happen overnight?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO nothing happened overnight
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please can you help me now?

OK - What I would suggest is that you either:

- Contact the Tech Support folks again - to have this issue looked into OR

- Try what I call a "2-minute reset" of the modem, which I have detailed below. This causes the modem to "reload" ALL of its control software and then "reboot" the modem.

To do that reset, simply find the POWER PLUG in the back of that box and disconnect it. And leave it disconnected for AT LEAST TWO MINUTES, and check that all the lights are out on the front of the box.
NOTE: If ALL the lights do NOT go out, there MAY be a "backup battery" which will also have to be disconnected for the 2-minute time.
Then, after the TWO MINUTES, reconnect the power plug, (and battery) and watch the lights on the front of the box for a minute or so, as the device restarts. When the lights "stabilize", then you should be able to make a NEW TEST CALL (from outside number), and see if the results have changed.

Please let me know if you can try that reset process - and the results.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When a call come in it shows on the screen as Incoming Call, and on the bottom of the screen there is a bell with a line thru it

Does the call actually RING - even though the bell icon appears?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
phone does ring even when bell appears, I will try the directions you sent me about unplug and replug etc - hope that helps , if not I will call again. I won't be able to try reset now and let you know if it worked, if not I will call again Thank you Bye

You're quite welcome.
Please let me know what happens - when you can - or if you have any more questions about this issue.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I didn't answer your texts, but no longer need your help , problem is not with Panasonic but with my phone company. I hope there will not be any charges for this and we can end this. Thank you for your help which I no longer need.
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer