Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I'm at a loss at what to do. I'm using the Plantronics

I'm at a loss...

I'm at a loss at what to do. I'm using the Plantronics cordless phone headset, M214C, with a 2 line Vtech digital phone answering machine. A couple of months ago I started getting a buzz or a loud hum that is driving my clients wild. I thought it was the headset, so went out and bought the current one I'm using. Didn't even make a difference...loud buzz and hum. A couple of my clients won't call me until I get this situation resolved. I HAVE to have a digital headset so I can talk and work on the computer at the same time. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: When did this sound problem start with your Plantronics system?

I'd say a couple of months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Does it happen on all the handsets?

I only have one handset on this 2 line phone, that's at my desk

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I wish I knew...

One more thing I forgot to mention. When I unplug the Plantronics headset, the buzzing and humming stops.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/6/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

still can’t figure out what to do!
Maybe tomorrow??? I’m going to bed right now.

OK

Hi harry...Sorry my schedule went bonkers and I've not been able to get back to you. Any chance we can type this evening?

If you only use the phone handset, do you still have the issue?

Okay, that works for me.

The handset works?

No...the second I unplug it, the buzz and hum goes away. Soooo, went out and bought another headset. And guess what, the same thing happened. Plug it in, hum, buzz. Unplug it, hum, buzz.
Oooops, I meant to say unplug it, NO hum and buzz.

Correct so the HANDSET works?

Works just like it's supposed to.
Let me ask something...is it possible I need to buy a more expensive headset than the one I'm using? I've been using this Plantronics model forever and it's always worked before. But now I'm wondering if I need to upgrade to something that's more technical???

The buzzing is usually interference -- Do you have anything new in the same area as your headset?

I put an air filter under my desk, because of my allergies.

Try unplugging it then making a call with the headset.

Thanks, I'll do that. Wow, hadn't even thought about the filter...thanks for pointing in that direction. I'll give it a try in the morning.

No problem! let me know if it works.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Harry, Customer Service