Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I can record a new message on my Panasonic KX-TG phone, but…

I can record a...

I can record a new message on my Panasonic KX-TG phone, but it still plays an old message. I do not know how to update the message.

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

KX-TGA680 handset, KX-TG7873 PHONE SYSTEM

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG7873? What have you tried so far?

It worked fin for a few years. I tried to change the greeting from a remote location about 2- 3 months ago, and it appears to not be able to change since. I assume I accidentally turned some switch. I have tried to use #302 to enter, and have turned off the phone and turned it back on without help.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I need to be able to easily update my phone message

2/28/2018
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone/message systems.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) When the NEW "Greeting" was recorded (using the #302 code), was that NEW greeting played back to you - immediately after recording?
2) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - to make TEST CALLS to the Panasonic number?
3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

The new greeting was play back to me after the 302 code entered as you suggested. Are used another phone to call Lynn and got back the old message instead. The company I have used Verizon for both my cell phone and the Panasonic phone. And I'm afraid that this is not New information and not helpful as I have already gone these things and only have a few minutes left before my next appointment. I have a modem attached to the same phone line, and unplug that at the same time that I unplugged the phone to try to reset it.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Sorry for any delayed response.

As you might be able to tell, troubleshooting an issue like this CAN TAKE SOME TIME - and MULTIPLE TESTS.

So the NEXT TEST would be to SWITCH OFF the answering system of the Panasonic and then REPEAT the TEST CALL - to see if some OTHER SYSTEM is actually picking up calls.

When you place this next test call, also NOTE the number of rings that are heard BEFORE that system picks up the call, as that may lead to finding the OTHER SYSTEM that may be picking up and lead us to another test.

Please let me know what happens for this NEXT TEST.

Thanks, ***** *****

Unfortunately, I was time pressured and took your company at their word that they would be right with me. By the time I got an answer, I had a patient I had to see, and then another appointment after. I was not able to type another brief answer, blocked by a request for a phone call and more money, and with little time left. I will attempt to resume this again next Wednesday when I am back in the office with the problem phone, assuming this is all under the cost of the first consultation, as, unless there is a change in schedule, I will not be back in that location until Wednesday, March 7.

Hi again and thanks for coming back.

Please let me know when you have a chance to do the TESTING I mentioned in my last note - even if it is next week.

I'm here almost every day to help.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Hi again,
I just saw your call request, but unfortunately the site did not notify me immediately.

To continue with the troubleshooting process, may I ask if you had a chance to do the previous TEST I sent - Which involved turning OFF the Panasonic answering system, and placing a TEST CALL to the number - to see if a DIFFERENT system picked up the call.
Please let me know if you have done that test or can do it now.

Thanks

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Greg I need you to call me asap(###) ###-####thanks
Phone call session started

calling

Thanks for the call Jane.

Here is the link to the manual I said I would send

KX-TG7871 Manual
https://tinyurl.com/KX-TG7871